Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this board and new to my rango.

i have built my own suspensions for years mostly on jeeps. I took my cj 8 from leaves to coils years ago and about 6 years ago took a cherokee to leaves.

my days of hard core rock crawling are over and have decided that the rango will stay ifs at least for a few years. it will be making trips into the back country, but mostly for fishing trips and family wheeling.

i ordered the tuff country 5.5" kit today. i have noticed in some photos of this set up that the front end still sits lower than the front.

is anyone running a leveling kit along with their 5.5 kit? if you have the 5.5 do you know of any reason why i couldn't run a 1.5 leveliing kit with it. By leveling kit i mean the torsion bar key kit.

input is appreciated.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
if im not mistaken, most IFS lifts for any vehicle take into consideration the factory sag, and their lifts make up for it. even if it still does sag a little, you can always just crank the tbars up a few turns to get it level. ive heard some people say that the torsion keys with no rear block gives it the "cali lean" and looks like crap. i put a few cranks on my 02 dakota and now its perfectly level, without swapping keys or adding blocks, and im not riding on bump stops like some of the key kits will end up having you do to match the rear block's height.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, i was thinking that it would be easier to do the keys when i do the kit rather than doing the kit and then finding out that i am still out of level.

twelve years ago was the last time i owned an ifs rig. i did turn the bars on that one a bit.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
i had a truxxx leveling kit on my 05 gmc, and it was one that came with the rear blocks. looked real nice. but like i said, my dakota is level with just putting a few turns on the factory keys. i would try the factory keys with the lift first. if you put the lift keys in there, along with the lift, you may find that the company that built the lift did infact account for the sag, and now your front end will be an inch or two higher than the rear, then you'll have to pull the keys out and put the factory ones back in and then try and recoup the money from the lift keys.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trying to replace my jeep, i know it won't go where my jeep would go but the family keep growing, seems to happen when i feed them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts