Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to level the front of my 04 4wd QC with the back and I'm thinking of doing this by turning the Torsoin Bars, has anyone here done this? I took off the plastic cover between the front crossmember and the bumper and found two big nuts that appear to mount the bars, do these need to be losened before I can turn up the bars? I took the cover off about a month ago when I did my last oil change so I really recall what it looked like, but I do remember on a Nissan I had back in high school there were no nuts where the torsion bars mounted to the front, and if I remember correctly they mounted right into the lower control arm. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any other ideas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
the adjusters for the torsion bars are on the crossmember under the tranny. you shouldnt have to remove anything to get to them. i did this on my 00 dak and it made the ride noticably stiffer.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Might be a dumb question but to do this you just use a breaker bar for the leverage and tighten em up?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I lifted the front of my 2004 QC 4x4 by tightening the torsion bars. I used a tape messure to make sure I did the side equally, and I used a 1/2" drive ratchet with a 2' pipe on the end for leverage. Worked perfectly. I leveled the truck and it didnt make the ride any harsher from what I could tell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys, I knew the ajustments where done back near the tranny, I just wasn't sure if those front nuts needed to be losened before ajusting. :biggthump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts