Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
As everybody can see i live in Germany, here costs a liter (in words ONE LITER) about onedollar fifty cent....
So lets do something that would increase Mileage. I am a mechanican, and i go to shool, in Germany we Call Master, you need to build a own Garage with own mechanics and so on, you know what i mean. What i want to say is that i got a little bit technical knowlegde, more than in the english language(sorry!!).

My first idea is the Fan. I took it of , and we tested some cars with and without it, and the we (with we i mean me and my friends) can say on a 318 BMW it improves 11HP and 2 more miles per gallons.
On my 1990 dakota V6 it improved 18 hp and also 2 mpg more.
All you have to do is the complete remove of the automatic fan, and instal an electric. Thats not much work, you can get everything second hand or from a car dump place. You need the fan , a tempreture switch (i prefer a 2 point switch, one at 95 degree (celsius) for the fan and the second at 105 for a warning light), some wiring and a relais, you should get everything for 50 to 100 dollar, and you will see that are the best hundret you can spend for increased milage. I took a B&M Fan, because it don´t needs much power, wich has to be produced and this would mean a bader mileage...
For the tempreture switsh i take metal with a diameter that is the same like the highest water hose , so it means a little bit of work to put it over but it will be surely safe. i make a hole in it and weld a coil on where i can screw the switsh in . 2 hours of work, but you will like it. and the sound of the fan is much better than the woooooooooooosch of the original one. and gas response is great!

Hope you like it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey man sounds like a good idea!! where in germany are you? i'm stationed in darmstadt right next to frankfurt, give me a holla!! i can help for some installs. lata

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I come from Dortmund!
You ARE stationed? hey perhaps we can meet some times! how long do you have to stay here? i can help you with getting cheap parts in germany, i mean original chrysler parts, and -do you believe- we got a Mopar shop here !
Do you have your car here to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh im sorry i have to go to my car...do it later. Why do you want to do this? the water pump if curently in use needs almost the same power, electrical and mechanical. a fan is only a few seconds on, if you put a switch to a water pump you might have termal problems in your heads. but you gave me an idea: why not build a Hard cover with Solar panels that load the batterie and puta magnetic clutch to the dynamo (what is it called in english?), so the engine don´t has to work on Fan, dynamo, water pump and A/C, that would mean i think 35 to 40 horsepower,and a gas response like formula one car.ok not soooo good but almost. remember they do this in 70´s with the muscle engines, to test the maximum power. and this would be a way to make it curently working.... but only at daytime in a sunny state...or with some more batteries, i am thinkink of4 to 5 . this would mean more weight, wich is negativ to gas mileage...hmm.....a devilish circle. and it only will look good on black daks...
imagine, you cruising through the city, and some vettes or others only see the solar panels,thinking youre driving kind of a prototype elektric pick up and get blown like never before......

·
Registered
504 Posts
The pump I’m going with only draws 6 amps @ 35 gallons per minute with 9 PSI of static pressure. Considering the load of the mechanical pump and pulley the electric pump will decrease engine drag thus increase HP.

The RT has a 100 amp alternator so 6 amps is not going to put too much of a drag on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.