Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking long and hard about the stance I want for my 01 Dak QC. The plan was 20's and stock ride height, tires that filled the wells, and leave it at that. Well, that's all behind me now.

I have decided to go to the other end of the spectrum, and lift it instead.

The bottom line; the end result; what I really wanted in the first place, was to have a truck that was different than the others around here. I want it to stand out, I really don't care how it does it. I want to show the truck, and I can't show it stock, I can't lower it, so I am really only left with one choice. Not that I mind at all, I have always liked the lifted trucks as much as the lowered ones.

I don't plan to ever take it out on any serious off-road adventures, at least not anytime soon. That being the case, I am thinking that tires, wheels and a body lift is the way to go, and maybe some side steps.

I am still going to do the intake and exhaust, reprogram the computer and stuff, it will just look different.

Questions....

1. What is a good aggressive looking off-road style tire?

2. Any opinions (if the tire options are available) for this style (lifted) to have 17's?

3. Where can I find a body lift that others use and are happy with?

4. What else is needed for a body lift besides the spacers? Longer brake lines, linkage, etc? Are they difficult to install?

5. How big of a tire could I fit with say, a 2-3" body lift?

I appreciate any thoughts, and I am prepared for the inevitable flack I might receive for being undecided, etc...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright,I have answered some of my questions.

I found a 3" body lift, and found that 33's will not be an issue. It seems that the lift kits come with the needed hardware to keep the linkage and all in working order.

I guess now I am just looking for good tire/wheel combos, and any other thoughts you have. Maybe in a few months, I will be ready to do a suspension lift as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts