Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Dakota question, but oh well.

A buddy of mine has an 03 Ram - he bought and installed an LED 3rd brake light.

I noticed last night that the bottom row of white LEDs' are on all the time. (truck off,doors all closed, etc.) Very faint, but I could see them in the dark. The light was plug and play. He said he noticed it and it isn't hurting anything so he left it alone.

Anyone else have one of these?
I am guessing that the something is funky with the wiring, or am I wrong?

·
It's good to be the king
450 Posts
I put LED bulbs into my stock 3rd brakelight & cargo lights in my 2002 Dakota. One night I noticed the exact same thing, the cargo lights were faintly on at all times. I never got to checking voltage leaks or anything so I just took them out and put the normal bulbs back in. :huh:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put LED bulbs into my stock 3rd brakelight & cargo lights in my 2002 Dakota. One night I noticed the exact same thing, the cargo lights were faintly on at all times. I never got to checking voltage leaks or anything so I just took them out and put the normal bulbs back in. :huh:
It's kinda weird - my buddy has parked his truck for a week and the battery didn't go dead, so I guess that they don't draw much at all, but there has to be a way to fix it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Its a good chance that their is a voltage leak, but its so small that it wouldn't even light up the regular incondescent bulbs, yet is just enough to give an LED set a very faint glow.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Unless its parked for months the battery will be fine.

·
It's good to be the king
450 Posts
I wasnt too worried about a dead battery, it actually looked kinda neat just faintly glowing back there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts