Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...list.aspx?aid=304&sd=01/20/2010&ed=01/20/2010

351cid Windsor V8 features a high performance Competition Cams camshaft and polished aluminum intake manifold, topped off with dual side-draft Webers. Engine compartment is chrome and stainless steel. Transmission is an FX 3-speed automatic with shift kit. Interior features 6-way electric bucket seats from a 1964 Lincoln. All holes in dash have been welded for that clean look. Clarion stereo pullout CD player installed in the glovebox with air ducts in the ashtray. Kenwood amp under the seat, woofers and tweeters are hidden in a panel behind the seat where the old gas tank was removed. A 1955 tank was installed under the cab with a Volkswagen filler door installed. There is a special panel on a hinge that is concealed under the dash to hide fuse, etc. Custom aluminum knobs were made for the key and dash. Billet aluminum column features tilt, telescoping, hazard controls and a leather wheel. Wings were removed and one piece, custom tint windows were installed using a Cadillac motor to power windows. Wheels are billet aluminum Boyd's. Front suspension is a Mustang II power rack & pinion. Rear end is a 1982 Corvette. It was widened 4" overall. The fiberglass spring was extended with stainless steel brackets. The trailing arms also had to be lengthened 12". The bed is oak wood treated with spar varnish, stainless bed strips with bolts welded on bottom and a mirror panel at the front of the bed. One-of-a-kind tailgate was cut up and molded into a picture frame. Beveled glass is sandwiched by 2 pieces of safety glass and urethane together. Tailgate is also fitted with an extra brake light. Paint is Cosmic Pearl urethane. Bumpers were customized to house license plates. Running boards are custom made. They are made from 16-gauge steel and were rolled and finished for a smooth look. I am the second owner and have owned the truck for 40 years.

·
<---1 of none!
6,583 Posts
I beleive they said the owner was from Barrie Ontario Canada. Not that far from me. Wish I had seen it before it was sold.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
When I got home this morning from work, I turned on Speed and it was on the auction block.....nice truck.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Ehh...

The engine bay is too hard to look at, all you see is a mirror in another mirror.

Lots of work, but nah...

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
Early-mid 50s F100s are one of my favorite trucks ever but that one is just too much. A glass tailgate? That's incredibly silly.

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
Well if he ran out of so much stuff to do that he had to make a glass tailgate, I guess he finally realized it was time to get a different project lol.

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if he ran out of so much stuff to do that he had to make a glass tailgate, I guess he finally realized it was time to get a different project lol.
Very true, the were on the block while it was being sold and the guys wife looked like she was watching one of her kids getting buried.

·
Administrator
79,421 Posts
I wasn't all that thrilled with that truck. Just don't like what they did with it. I'm not a big fan of the tailgate or the wheels. Easily changed though. I did feel bad for the sellers though. They were awfully choked up when it was going across the block.

·
No Boost? Why Drive?
1,766 Posts
Nice '56, too bad it's a small window :nana:

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
That is pretty sick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts