Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Your hero
561 Posts
I have R/T wheels on mine and with a 255/50/17 tire it will hit the frame on a sharp turn.. for the back, im not really sure how big you can go

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the 17 r/t's too but am using 245/45/17's these fit better and are cheaper to get (63.00 at tire rack) cause it's a more common size that's shared with the mustang gt's. They are a little narrow for the rim and more susseptable to curb damage but they don't rub

·
Registered
789 Posts
When I had the stock 15x6s on the back I ran 275 60r15s with no trouble. They looked funny on that skinny rim, but they were wide! They would look good on a 15x8 or so. And I have the RT wheels on mine now, and am running 255 50 17 and they rub. Id never use them on the front again, especially being lowered. Id use the 245 45 17s on front and 275s on the back!! :mullet:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Torque!

For an early Dak, yours look pretty sweet. I don't see too much of yours on the street. The R/T rims and the lower stance really make it stand out.

Joshua

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Hence another ALMIGHT GEN 2 on R/T Wheels Im also lowered and I hit the upper fender lip with 255/50/17

·
Your hero
561 Posts
ScatDak said:
Hence another ALMIGHT GEN 2 on R/T Wheels Im also lowered and I hit the upper fender lip with 255/50/17
I knocked the inside lip of that up and havent rubed since then.. might wanna give that a shot :wave:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
275/60-17 with 2/4 drop and no problems.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
I knocked the inside lip of that up and havent rubed since then.. might wanna give that a shot :wave:

thats what i had to do too. if these wheels had about a 1/4" less backspace, (for the front at least) they would be a perfect fit and not rub anything as far as the frame goes.

the backs, you can go pretty wide with. hell, im even contemplating on getting mine widened to 10.5'' in rim width. so i can fit a 285-305 tire back there. think i will need it for the v8..woohoo. then it will have the big and little effect. big tire out back, lil one in tda front... yeah man!

anyone know of a tubular suspension kit for the front of our daks? like to see itf it either weights the same, or is a drastic improvement on weight, and adjustment too. (just throwing some ides in my head thats all...)

thanks!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
got_torque said:
I think he is too, but hes been posting a lot in the gen 2 section about what he knows.
Other than the fact that I didn't pay attention to what forum I was posting, do you have a problem with something else? Maybe you think engine swaps to Gen IIs are unique. Could it be that you think tall tires and tall gears have a unique affect on GenII Dakotas. Or, maybe you don't like my pics of a 440 in a GenII.

Well, what ever it is I'm sure you guys will get over it in time.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The tire problems are completely different than a gen 3. Thats my problem. You tell one person something and they try it. So then they're out some money because they listened to someone that doesnt have the experience with the gen2.
I know this because I had R/T wheels on my dak, and if anyone ever asked me if I would do it again, I will tell them HELL NO.

And who said anything about an engine swap?

·
recovering honda owner
487 Posts
295/50/16 on 10'' rims with 6.5 backspace on the rear. 12.2'' tire section width.....

what rims did you get and where did you get them? What do you have on the front?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts