Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have insight into what this large hose is beside the distributor? It appears to run in the same conduit as the hose going to the evap solenoid. This hose was just capped (poorly).

The truck is a 1997, 3.9L, 4WD, auto, single cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Notice how the cap will not seal off on the hose? That means it's a vent hose for something but no idea what. Maybe for the front diff?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notice how the cap will not seal off on the hose? That means it's a vent hose for something but no idea what. Maybe for the front diff?
The front diff is not sealed and does not need a vent as a result. The plastic cap fits pretty loose. This is why the owners manual says you must change the diff fluid you ever drive in high water and submerge the axle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I climbed under the truck and was able to see the tube goes into the top port (furthest away) of the charcoal canister assembly.

Does anyone know where the three ports are supposed to go?

Is it supposed to be put into the intake with a tee by the PCV valve or breather?

Does it go to the leak detection pump that is option in some areas (California?)?

Does anyone have a photo of this tube?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That vent tube is stock from the factory. I have the same thing on my 97 2WD. It's exactly what it looks like and is exactly where it should be, although, I don't think you were supposed to pull the cap off. Mine is not loose at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts