Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if i get the paint code and go to a Dealership can they hook me up with the paint? Its lapis blue, the funny purplish bluish color. 96 was the last year the color was used on the Daks. ANYONE KNOW?!

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FRIGGIN AWESOME! Thank you guys so much, i was about to give up on tryin to get the paint. I have a Napa right down the street and a Carquest right around the corner. "Ill be back". How much did u guys have to pay for it though?

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah.....

i just went to the carquest here, and they do the mixing stuff. For the smallest amount they will mix (which is like a pint of clear coat/base coat) is almost 80 bucks!!!! is that normal or does it cost more for different colors?

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
They don't put the paint inside spray cans?? You can't just get the basecoat without the clear mixed into it?? I find it better that way. Go to your local parts store and buy the primer and clear there which should be a lot cheaper!!

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, when i start gettin my paychecks rollin in i was gonna go back and find out how much it is just for the base color. I dont know if they put it in spray cans or not, didnt ask. I was too busy flippin out about the price. Can i just get clear coat at like O'Riley Autoparts or Autozone?

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Wow that is the meanest lookin light blue truck I've ever seen!

Sorry about the pearl comment, I thought it was a different color.

The Intense Blue of the later Dakotas is made by Duplicolor. T359 is the part Number. It's available at any Napa store!

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a cool color. I havent seen another truck (in person) with that color. Ive seen a Porsche in France with the same color. People used to try to clown on me saying that its purple. ITS NOT PURPLE :rant: . But yeah, it isnt a color you can just buy somewhere. Hopefully i can get the paint in like two weeks, then ill actually put up a picture of my truck since itll be all put together! :banana2:

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, i dont plan on going cheap-o on this. Since the paint is already friggin expensive, im gonna just make sure the rest is too just to make sure it turns out good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.