Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a loan and putting some mods like lambo doors, 3in hood from carhoods, rollpan, viper seats, gauge pods,and a dash dress up kit. What do you guys and gals think. Has anyone seen the 3in cowl from carhoods.com and where can I find a pic of one installed?

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
What do you have done so far to the truck? Pics? I think the lambo doors would be a waste of money. Everything else you listed sounds cool, I have never seen carhoods 3 in cowl hood but I do like their ram air II hood.

· Registered
266 Posts
lambo doors are kind of a novelty I helped a dude put them on his eclipse and it was a t-total bitch to get in and out of afterwards. It was alot of money wasted in my opinion- he liked them at first but now (three months later) he's starting to share my opinion.

· I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Lambos suck. They look good on some cars, but on others, especially trucks they are stupid. The only thing that should have Lambo doors is a Lambourghini. Truck doors are way too narrow and tall. Car doors are a lot longer and narrow. So they look sleaker.

· Registered
51 Posts
Just say NO to Lambo doors!

QuaTscH94<--Good question, what have you done to your truck so far? As for lambo doors are a nice look for show vehicles, but aren't practicle for everyday rides. Of course if you just have to have them, then hey go for it. I like the look, but know I would not want them! Suicide doors, are cool, and a bit more functional. Just my opinion! Everything else sounds cool!

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Dakota John: See sig :biggthump

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your guys have convinced me not to get the lambos, thanks a bunch I could have made a big mistake. I need to get some pics of my dakota up here, but if you go to the paint and decal page, into the blackout tailgate thread, and my truck is on the second page. It is the charcoal one. I blacked out my tailgate and taillights, stillen bumper cover, clear corners, chrome grille inserts, cuda hood scoops which are one of a kind not yet on the market, and some decals which for the most part you can see on that picture I was telling you about. Also, what do you think about viper seats and how hard are they to put in? :biggthump

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
easy for you to say

Its easy to say save up, but how many of you work 36-40 hours a week and go to collage for days a week full time, I do the best I can and that is get the money and pay it back one step at a time, that is why I worked so hard to get my credit score up. :woowoo:

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
i dont know why u guys are saying Lambo doors are impractical...dont they make kits to where the doors can still open like a regular door and also open vertically?

· Trailer Trash
474 Posts
guehner said:
Its easy to say save up, but how many of you work 36-40 hours a week and go to collage for days a week full time, I do the best I can and that is get the money and pay it back one step at a time, that is why I worked so hard to get my credit score up. :woowoo:
say whatcha want about my .02, one day you will remember what i said and say.... damn that bastard knew what he was talkin about.

DownBoi said:
i dont know why u guys are saying Lambo doors are impractical...dont they make kits to where the doors can still open like a regular door and also open vertically?
I have the kit that opens regular and vertical. only it doesnt open like stock, only about halfway. I say they are impractical because the definition of practical is: "concerned with actual use or practice" therefore impractical is the opposite, lambo doors are not practical. the doors open just fine without them, the only reason i got em is cuz they were "cool".... lol.... so yes... impractical is the proper word to use in that context.

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
well if practical means that it is still usable, and they only open about halfway compared to stock, then i would say they are not impractical, mine open about 80 degrees all the way, or it seems like it anyway, way more than i need them to open anyway...thats why i dont see them being a problem. Personally though, i dont think they would look good on a truck unless its lowered or slammed, and it does seem to be more of a show quality feature, but it is cool.

· Registered
285 Posts
guehner said:
I am thinking about getting a loan and putting some mods like lambo doors, 3in hood from carhoods, rollpan, viper seats, gauge pods,and a dash dress up kit. What do you guys and gals think. Has anyone seen the 3in cowl from carhoods.com and where can I find a pic of one installed?
You can get a cheaper cowl hood made of STEEL from Reflexxion.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Sorry dude, but Jackknife doors (Lambo Doors) are gay, IMO They do not do any justice to any car or truck. I would save your money on that mod and do something worth while.

· I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Now reverse Lambo, or "Butterfly" doors would be awesome. All you do is take the lambo hinges and put them on the back of the opposite doors, so the doors open up and back. I had the idea to do this a long time ago, but spent the money on a system instead. It's like suicide and lambo in one. Watch iROBOT. The AUDI on there has the same idea.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The cowl that reflexxion or what ever makes is not that out standing, isn't like an Inch or Inch and a half tall? I want something that stands out a little more, that is why the 3 inch sounds good to me, what do you think.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
I agree on one point that saving up for mods is a good idea, BUT...

If I hadn't come into a chunk of cash, I'd still be driving a Plain Jane basically stock truck. Thanks to a sudden influx of cash, I am now driving a truck I am wildly proud of, more in love with (pretty sad, huh?) and much happier with.

If you can take out a loan and pay it back, that's all that matters. I say get the loan and go nuts on the truck. It's few and far between the opportunity to do expensive mods.

Don't do the lambo doors, though. I think it would just become a nuisance. On the other hand, they make kits now that swing the door 180 degrees, so it is hanging out over the hood and windshield area, completely out of the way. Plus, they will run you an EASY $2,000 to have installed. I could think of better tings to do with that much $$$!

Personally, I hope you get the loan, and I look forward to watching your truck evolve!

3,871 Posts
from what i was thinkin of lambo arent they suppose to be adjustable? from what i heard many ppl say when installin, but on our daks? no i see them look better on long doors as to our short and tall doors, but Suicide doors do look good on a dak -lowered-, nice dak btw

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.