Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
R/T to the GT!
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting at home sucks, it really does.

I got a phone call monday afternoon, after work, to not bother coming in tuesday, and that I should expect another phone call. Turns out when i got that other phone call, I was laid off. great.

made a few more phone calls, cant find any plumbing companies hiring.

So for now, here's to alcohol!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Good luck on your search.

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
yea me too, cept i was on leave, back in my hometown, got a little pissed, beat a kid with a tire iron, (tried to come at me and missed me and kneed my dak). lost my job, and pending felony is where ive been sitting for 6 months. yaaaaay. no jobs, filled out atleast 20 apps, no calls. its grand..

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
yea me too, cept i was on leave, back in my hometown, got a little pissed, beat a kid with a tire iron, (tried to come at me and missed me and kneed my dak). lost my job, and pending felony is where ive been sitting for 6 months. yaaaaay. no jobs, filled out atleast 20 apps, no calls. its grand..
:waiting:

and damn man, that sucks. hopefully something pops up. keep your head up :)

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
That sucks, What is worse is I probably make as much as you being layed off!

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
Sorry to hear but if you have any freinds or family members they are your best shot at finding a job. Places are now using their employees to find new workers over doing the crap shoot of going through apps and worndering will this person will be a good worker. How I got my job after Mohawk closed our plant. My aunt knew the boss and got my foot in the door. Now I make more and a much better company to work for. You do a good job they will help you with anything.

So good luck and hope you find work soon as I know unemployment don't pay much.

·
Registered
575 Posts
sitting at home sucks, it really does.

I got a phone call monday afternoon, after work, to not bother coming in tuesday, and that I should expect another phone call. Turns out when i got that other phone call, I was laid off. great.

made a few more phone calls, cant find any plumbing companies hiring.

So for now, here's to alcohol!

Sorry to hear it man.

Now its time to start your own gig.

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Yeah start putting signs up for odd jobs dude, if your a plumber you could find some work by your self.

Actually id put a ad in the paper.

And ya bro that dose suck hard core, i lost my old job making 12$ a hour at bass pro shop, i parked to close to come shit chevy and i look over and this mother is giving me the finger so i gave him one back...well i pull out of the spot and was about to start looking for another one and this guy gets out of his truck and tries to open my door...bad thing was that it was locked or else it would of been breakin and entering....well dumb ass me, i got out and scared the shit out of this old man...mind you this was when i was at work coming back from my lunch break...was off the clock and had my work shirt off...well he filed a complaint against me and i got fired...i later found out he said i hit him...i never touched the guy.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
sucks man. hang in there.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Sorry to hear it man.

Now its time to start your own gig.
Bad advice...Especially now.

I have my own gig and I've been dead in the water for over a year, and employers don't get unemployment. Plus he'd have to buy Liability insurance, get a license, get bonded...It's not fucking worth it. And if you daon't have Liability Insurance, one little fuck up and you loose everything you've ever owned, or will own.

Custom Homebuilder here... www.davidcpeterson.com

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
So how come you arent in jail/prison, it takes that long to prosecute someone where you live?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
crap bro,sorry to hear but i just got my phone call 32 minutes ago,,,was the night shift supervisor- got call when i woke up that my shift was no longer to be as not enough work,,,pissed me off because i start my last 2 months of school on 6 weeks-but i can at least collect EI,,which really isn't much, plus maybe work for cash for awhile

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
Normal and sane ppl do not beat kids or anybody for that matter with a tire iron.

·
Bomb Technician.
339 Posts
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Over :huh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts