Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set yesterday. These replaced my kumho 711s which wore out in less than 12k miles and since they were a summer tire, couldn't grip in the rain at all. The asx all seasons are slightly smaller in profile at a 255/50/17 vs. a 255/55/17 for the 711. Handling isn't as sharp as the 711 in the dry due to softer sidewalls and just grip in general, but (it rained yesterday) it's very secure in any wet weather and should be ok for snow. If you're not turning and burning through canyons on a regular basis i think these are better tires than the 711. Commuting daily about 80 miles the better ride quality and treadlife is a bit more important now lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the price for the 711 is amazingly low but I've used so many different brands of tires on different vehicles before and the 711s have got to be the quickest to wear out...ever lol. Best tire I've ever used (was on my supra before) was falken's azenis st115. Had to be the best road holding wet and dry and QUIETEST tire I've ever come across. They last forever too...just too bad they don't make a large enough profile or i'd have em on my dakota for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.