Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the 210X cam in there truck, if so how does it sound? Does it have a nice lobe to it at idle. Because I am looking for a pretty decent lift cam with a nice lobe to it. If anyone has some suggestions let me know.

·
Chest Thumper
770 Posts
UWin1797 said:
Does anyone have the 210X cam in there truck, if so how does it sound? Does it have a nice lobe to it at idle. Because I am looking for a pretty decent lift cam with a nice lobe to it. If anyone has some suggestions let me know.
210x has a good amount of lope. its a strong na cam, but doesent leave the door open for F/I since its a 110. i have a versoin of the 210 on a 112. what motor is it going in?

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Slow97dakota said:
210x has a good amount of lope. its a strong na cam, but doesent leave the door open for F/I since its a 110. i have a versoin of the 210 on a 112. what motor is it going in?
i apologize for hijacking the thread, but i figured id ask my question here rather than start my own thread...anyway - you said the 210 is strong but doesnt leave the door open for f/i, which im assuming is forced induction, so i was wondering if you could tell me but would be a good cam i could get and would be safe running if my engine were relativley stock, but still leave the door open for a blower cause theres plans for a paxton in the future? thanks for the help

·
Chest Thumper
770 Posts
02DakRT said:
i apologize for hijacking the thread, but i figured id ask my question here rather than start my own thread...anyway - you said the 210 is strong but doesnt leave the door open for f/i, which im assuming is forced induction, so i was wondering if you could tell me but would be a good cam i could get and would be safe running if my engine were relativley stock, but still leave the door open for a blower cause theres plans for a paxton in the future? thanks for the help
just the 210x wouldent be good for a blower, becuase its on a 110. the 210 B would be what you would want, and theres 1 for sale on dakusa right now for 150. your going to want good springs keepers and lockers when ya do the heads. cam like to rev alittle

·
I'm Retired!
483 Posts
I have a 210x in my '99 360. The thing absolutely boots. But I've got just about every possible bolt on money can buy as well as well as the custom flash. I personally think I need to bump up my injectors to 24# and 2.02 Heads. Which are coming in the spring '06 engine build. Right now the engine definitely can run a 13.5 under the right conditions -- which it hasn't had yet. But I'm thinking I can definitely put this thing down into the mid 12s once I'm done with the build.

The lope is nice. I have my idle at 750. For various reasons. But if you sit the idle on these things at 550rpm, you'll be loving the idle. The sound it produces under full acceleration is incredible. You won't be disappointed. Throw some nitrous on it with the stock compression and you'll be cruising down the track. I could go on for days. But the cam gets my two thumbs up. But it requires alot to make it run awesome. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A HOT SPARK AND MINIMAL RESTRICTION ON THE EXHAUST. Other than that, install it yourself and enjoy the fun.

·
Speed Freak
135 Posts
I had the 210x cam in mine with 1.92 ported rt heads and all the other bolt ons you could think of. It was a pretty solid cam and sounded damn good too. I never took it to the track but it was pretty damn fast. now i have a 408 going in as we speak. should be running thursday or friday. bout time it's been sitting for 3 months lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
UWin1797 said:
Checkout my cam videos, and listen to the wav file on my openning page.

www.socaldakota.com

that's a 210/216 'Sausage cam' ... very popular. Jim "Sausage" Marshall dropped 3/10ths with the cam swap on stock heads (.600 mopar springs only change to the heads), and picked up 3 mph in the 1/4.

I offer custom cam profiles, at not additional charge.

All cams are ground @ Crower (25 minutes from me).

I am a warehouse distributor for them-- turn around is approx 5-7 days on a cam grind.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292
:banana2:

·
Chest Thumper
770 Posts
rtdkota said:
Checkout my cam videos, and listen to the wav file on my openning page.

www.socaldakota.com

that's a 210/216 'Sausage cam' ... very popular. Jim "Sausage" Marshall dropped 3/10ths with the cam swap on stock heads (.600 mopar springs only change to the heads), and picked up 3 mph in the 1/4.

I offer custom cam profiles, at not additional charge.

All cams are ground @ Crower (25 minutes from me).

I am a warehouse distributor for them-- turn around is approx 5-7 days on a cam grind.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292
:banana2:
yea, how much is a regrind? i have a stock cam that im lookin to go bigger/better with

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
DownBoi said:
just a question, how do u "regrind" a cam...i mean, it cant be made bigger can it?
They actually (pardon the pun), regrind new lobe profiles on it. There is material on the old cam that can be ground to new specs. The only downfall is that you'll need longer pushrods or adjustable rockers to make up for the material that was removed from the regrind. Hope that helped answer your question.

·
Registered
118 Posts
DownBoi said:
just a question, how do u "regrind" a cam...i mean, it cant be made bigger can it?
It can be made bigger-- and most if not all aftermarket cams for the 3.9/5.2/5.9 4.7L are regrinds of stock cores.

Material is ground off the camshaft to make the base circle smaller (the back of the cam)-- also the profile can be reshaped to give it a quicker or slower ramp rate.

As Scojo said-- you'll need longer pushrods (or shorter, all depends on the brand of rockers used)--- which you'll need to do anyway with any aftermarket cam.

I have them done all week long @ Crower-- have a section on my website I am putting up with cam card info and pns for people to refer to...

I do 3.9L cams as well-- mustang 4.6L -- all ford, all chevy, plus a ton of import...

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.