Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 4.7L w/ 61,000 miles on it. Whenever you hit the gas (in park or while driving) I can hear a knocking or rattling noise but only up to about 2200 RPMS. It seems to be coming from the passenger side front somewhere. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
47Quad said:
I have a 2000 4.7L w/ 61,000 miles on it. Whenever you hit the gas (in park or while driving) I can hear a knocking or rattling noise but only up to about 2200 RPMS. It seems to be coming from the passenger side front somewhere. Any Ideas?

highly unlikely to help..... but my dad just had the same problem with his truck. after searching it over and over i finally foud a loose bumper bracket. tightened and and no more knocking and pinging,lol.

on my `02 the injectors made a clicking noise. does it sound like a clicking noise? if so put a finger on an injector and you`ll feel/hear it. this is so called normal.

G

·
0 Posts
Join the Dodge club

I have had this problem for 2 years in my 2000 4.7 Durango. I have taken it to several places including the dealer(LMAO). I found out 2 days ago that it is the timing chain or balance chain(?). I am havining to pay $300 just to get to it to see what is exactl wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made an appointment for thurs. at the place I bought it at. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
47Quad said:
I made an appointment for thurs. at the place I bought it at. We'll see how it goes.
Let us know how it goes? I got the same thing on my R/T

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
may also be called piston slap.

i have that in mine, but i got 158000 + miles...still runs though. and hopefully on monday it will run better when the new distributor, gear and bushing is replaced. damn truck wont even power brake...its so bad. she used to do it easy too. for a v6

ran 16.20's or so with it when i first got it, now, forget it. hopefully with what mods i have done to it, and getting this fixed, ill be near a 15.90??...

one can hope.... (now where the hell is that 390 stroker motor i got...hmm)..lol :banana2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got truck Back!

Well I picked the truck up today. I got the Reponse We can't hear the noise! It is mostly gone But I can still hear it when i rev up alittle. Atleast they know about it incase something breaks down the road though I guess!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I guess we just have to put up with it!

G

·
0 Posts
Got mine fixed

I had the timing chain assembly replaced and she is as quite as a mouse. it got rid of all the knocking noise. I was told the guides had broken and were nearly gone.. Now I will wait for the sludge build up to blow my engine and the dodge cycle will be complete. :cussing:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fixed!

I'd just thought I would update this issue w/ my truck. It's fixed! I took it to a dodge dealer and they replaced my Catalytic Converter under the 100,000 mile emmisions warranty and the noise is gone! Thank god :woowoo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts