Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, jsut got my 20's bak today from the powdercoater... 400$ bucks later, and there badass. rattle canned the center caps, needing to be sanded and coated again but look good non the less..... the joy was short lived b/c i also found out that the truck is totaled... complete bullshit.

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks, those look great!
So what are you going to do now?
thanks man... im keeping the durango either way... idc what anyone says. so im hoping for a check from insurance and coming out ahead. or with at least the srt hood with little to no money from me. the plan now is to fix it and get it show quality again. the damage really isnt that bad. mainly hood, fender, grill, bumper and radiator. havent poped the hood yet, but im hoping thats it.

·
Administrator
79,421 Posts
Totaled!?!? Thats shit. It didn't look that bad. Its almost like they're still trying to get all these "gas guzzling clunkers" off the road any way they can.

Guy #1: "He got a scuff on the fender and filed a claim"

Guy #2: "What kinda vehicle?"

Guy #1: "Dodge Durango"

Guy #2: "Oh my god!! Total it! We have to get such a monstrosity off the road so as not to damage our precious environment with noxious fumes and promote global warming!!"

YUCK

Oh yeah, the wheels look great.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
MoFo!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
shit man,,sorry to hear-and those rims look badass....

·
Premium Member
74,419 Posts
damn that does suck man, wheels look awesome!!!

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys... i mean, i may be gettign 12 mpg. but still.... fuck them.. its gettign back on the road wheather they like it or not.. its my choice....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You do realize is a durango and not an irreplaceable low build number car right? Sorry to burst your bubble but you can buy a used durango for less the the cost to fix yours. Then transfer all the parts from yours to the new one. When it all comes down to it a truck, is a truck, is a truck. Keeping a vehicle because your " attached " to it is a horrible reason. If you have the same mods on another truck it is going to be the same exact thing. I know you don't want to hear it but at some point your going to look back on fixing a totaled vehicle and realize it was a dumb ass idea. IE, when you want to trade it in/sell it/total it again.

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You do realize is a durango and not an irreplaceable low build number car right? Sorry to burst your bubble but you can buy a used durango for less the the cost to fix yours. Then transfer all the parts from yours to the new one. When it all comes down to it a truck, is a truck, is a truck. Keeping a vehicle because your " attached " to it is a horrible reason. If you have the same mods on another truck it is going to be the same exact thing. I know you don't want to hear it but at some point your going to look back on fixing a totaled vehicle and realize it was a dumb ass idea. IE, when you want to trade it in/sell it/total it again.
thanks "dad".... but mine is a low procution #... 1 of 1. mom bought it new, gave it to me. hadit its wole life. may sound dumb to get attached to it as much as i am, but what can i say, i am.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
thanks "dad".... but mine is a low procution #... 1 of 1. mom bought it new, gave it to me. hadit its wole life. may sound dumb to get attached to it as much as i am, but what can i say, i am.
lol i know what you mean, my mom gave me my durango, ive had opportunity to get a better one, but im attached to mine

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol i know what you mean, my mom gave me my durango, ive had opportunity to get a better one, but im attached to mine
exactly... didnt mean to ound like a d!ck above, but i had a rough night last night.. but ya, you cant explain it, but thats the way it is... theres been a couple of times i could have gotten a ram 2500 CTD, but wouldnt sell my durango.. and dont plan too

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
i can sympathize about being attached. my 03 was my first truck. after a while it becomes more than just your vehicle...when you modify it and have it looking so good it begins to have its own personality and you know everything about it, what has been done to it, every little scratch, ding or dent. when i got the 99 r/t, yea i enjoy the shit outa the new power and all, but i still wish my 03 wasnt wrecked cause i would probably drive it more....and i would never trade it in or sell it. i'm really disappointed that the 408 will end up in the "new" truck, but i'll take the 360 in it and do another build to put in the 03 when i get it fixed. i've only got to put about $2000 into it to make it look exactly like it did before the wreck. or i could save my pennies and do it better, but i miss it too much to wait, plus i had always loved intense blue r/t's and now i got one so i'll start modding it too. it sucks to get a replacement vehicle when you dont know what all had been done to it and all. but i'll keep both vehicles now, and build em both to be badass trucks and just have two badass trucks in the future...they are my two favorite colors for these trucks also, so that makes me happy too.

and another thing is its hard to find people who take care of their shit as good as some of us. my 03 was in immaculate condition when it wrecked....i had even done an interior detail the day before and had it looking and smelling brand spankin new inside. the exterior was excellent but had a couple places where people had door dinged me....paint was pristine though. i took care of my shit like it deserved...and it was always getting compliments and looks.

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i can sympathize about being attached. my 03 was my first truck. after a while it becomes more than just your vehicle...when you modify it and have it looking so good it begins to have its own personality and you know everything about it, what has been done to it, every little scratch, ding or dent. when i got the 99 r/t, yea i enjoy the shit outa the new power and all, but i still wish my 03 wasnt wrecked cause i would probably drive it more....and i would never trade it in or sell it. i'm really disappointed that the 408 will end up in the "new" truck, but i'll take the 360 in it and do another build to put in the 03 when i get it fixed. i've only got to put about $2000 into it to make it look exactly like it did before the wreck. or i could save my pennies and do it better, but i miss it too much to wait, plus i had always loved intense blue r/t's and now i got one so i'll start modding it too. it sucks to get a replacement vehicle when you dont know what all had been done to it and all. but i'll keep both vehicles now, and build em both to be badass trucks and just have two badass trucks in the future...they are my two favorite colors for these trucks also, so that makes me happy too.

and another thing is its hard to find people who take care of their shit as good as some of us. my 03 was in immaculate condition when it wrecked....i had even done an interior detail the day before and had it looking and smelling brand spankin new inside. the exterior was excellent but had a couple places where people had door dinged me....paint was pristine though. i took care of my shit like it deserved...and it was always getting compliments and looks.

ya man, it really does become a "part" of you.. thats what makes us differnet than every other car owner.. i had door dings, scratches and what not.. but for a truck with 95k, and 9 years old, it was in amazing condition. everyone always new me b/c of my truck. i remember one day in HS, the first day of class, i stood up and said "hey, im spencer and i drive a black durango". eveyrne in the class was like, damn ,thats your truck? thats bad ass. now 3 years later, people still talk about me in that HS. my bro called me the other day to ask me what sound system i had b/c he was hearing some kids talk about my system. cant wait to get it running again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts