Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way home from class and hit a puddle. Hydroplaned and that's all she wrote. I went sideways ran off the road and hit a tree. I was fine, got out and cussed alot. Hurt my pride but I walked away. So now I'm thinking it's totaled. Guess I'll be looking for an r/t now...I'll post pics later

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea no doubt. we have this tropical storm going on so the road was drenched and standing water all over the place. i'm glad nobody was around me cause i would have knocked them into the woods too. there was just nothing i could do...it was like sliding on ice...tried correcting but it was just too slippery and i ran outa time before i went off road. once i hit grass it slowed some but not much, and it slid down a steeep hill missed a huge tree and crashed into a group of smaller ones. its messed up pretty bad. ironically i was going to get my new tires today, they had to order them and i was goin to get em put on. i'm not sure what i'm gonna do at this point...i dont have money to fix it, didnt have full coverage (thanks granny..its in her name and she didnt wanna pay extra for full coverage), so i'm thinking i might just part it out and get as much out of it as i can and use that as a start for an r/t....i'll get a loan at the bank and pay the difference. damn truck was paid off too...sucks ass.

·
17,623 Posts
ironically i was going to get my new tires today, they had to order them and i was goin to get em put on.
When I had my first vehicle('93 S-10) I was on my last day of coverage on my one month temp insurance to get me to Cali and wrecked my truck on the way to the insurance office to sign the paperwork for the new policy. It was in the shop for almost two months getting fixed and had to extend my original policy until it got out of the shop since no place in Cali would give me insurance without getting pictures of it's current condition.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That sucks....good to hear you are ok. Vehicles can be replaced - you can't.

You should be able to get quite a bit out of it if you part it out. Lots of small parts add up in a hurry..... (there is always people looking for switches, etc.)

I am in need of some rear flares - yes, I know, I sound like a vulture, but I gotta ask, because I am always one step behind finding these damn things!

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres some pics....what do you guys think? junk it or try to fix it...i havent gotten a chance to look at it good. gonna be wednesday before they can tow it to my house.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks....good to hear you are ok. Vehicles can be replaced - you can't.

You should be able to get quite a bit out of it if you part it out. Lots of small parts add up in a hurry..... (there is always people looking for switches, etc.)

I am in need of some rear flares - yes, I know, I sound like a vulture, but I gotta ask, because I am always one step behind finding these damn things!
yea. idk at this point...i might have to get a shop to look at it and gimmie an estimate. i hate to part with it cause it was my first vehicle and i have put so much money into it molding it to what i wanted. plus i knew every little bump, scratch, nut and bolt on the thing....and i just hate buying a used one cause there's always something you dont know about...but i'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry man. wernt you building a motor for it?
yea. 408. its built, just got $2500 in fuel and exhaust stuff before it would have gone in.

as far as fixing it, if it is possible i will do that, but if its gonna cost too much i'm just gonna take the loss and part her out...but i looked around online and found a 99 red regular cab r/t with the same mileage as mine had and its $6900 at a local dealer. looks clean and well taken care of too. i just dont know right now. i havent looked at it good to see if anything else is messed up, but that was all the visible damage i could see at the time. it knocked a few small brush trees down as it was sliding so there could be damage under the truck....i wont know anything else till wednesday when i get it to my house and look at it good. towing company wont bring it over in this weather.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I ran over a stop sign in my truck and it didnt do any damage underneath:mullet: (dont ask ahaha)

Sorry about your truck tho man, I know if that was me I'de be right pissed. I don't think it would be the same after getting fixed either. I'de cut your losses and get an r/t

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, thats what i'm worried about. i've heard once you wreck a car, it never is the same and little things will start popping up. plus with a accident, it just lost a lot of its value. i just worry about the extent of unknown damage, cause i slid a good ways down that hill and hit a bunch of holes and brush...and when i hit the tree it went from doin about 30 mph to zero. like i said, i gotta look at it, but now the idea of an r/t is starting to sound alot better and easier to deal with. i just cant find one in the color i want...all i've found in regular cabs are red, lol.

·
H.R.C #18
2,035 Posts
sorry to hear man.glad your ok...i may get some parts from you if you decide to part out.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys. i will keep you posted. it will be the end of the week before i know anything.

i'm just pissed it happened now...i'm unemployed and a full time student...perfect timing to not have a ride....and the bills dont care either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts