Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
shake them babies
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any differences between 97-99, 2000 and 2001-2004 kick panels? i'm interesed in getting some q-logic kick panels. q-logic only offers sets made for 97-99 and 2000 dakotas, my dak is 2003. apparently at the Q-Logic site 98-2000 durango kickpanels are the same as the 2000 dakota.

this pic is from a 99 r/t:
:help: TAI

·
shake them babies
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well been rusing the pics in the vbgarage. apparently (on dakotas) the dash style stayed the same, but the 2000 kick panel reaches up higher than the 97-99 panel to conform with the dash. that would be easily modded, the only worry is where the snaps and clips line up inside the panel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Kick panels are worth it!

If you want to get them I say DO IT! I have them with JL audio and the imaging is great. That is what they are made for and also why they are directed towards the listener. Whoever says they are not worth it obviously has not tried them out before or did not install them correctly! The sound in my truck is right in your ear and completely surrounds you with fullness. Get them on ebay much cheaper than anywhere else that's what I did. Well worth it IMO. Good luck....

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'll like em'

I hope you did'nt pay too much for them I only paid $100 including shipping. What type of components are you going to run with these? Jl audios are what I have and are great. You certainly don't need the mids and highs next to your ears for audio enjoyment. It is best to have them a bit further away to get the best imaging and fequency response. In your ears does not give you anything but hearing problems even more so if your pumping wattage through them too. I have even jumped into the truck in a hurry before and have never kicked the kicks unless you have friends that have BIG ol' feet and can't control themselves and figit around alot. Just FYI. Good luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
dakota G33k please report your findings, I am going to get these kick panels but I was also going to get a heat gun if remolding was going to be necessary if not I can just get the kick panels. thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why exactly would you need a heat gun? If you are planning on buying these kick panels you should not have the need to remold them. FYI

·
Keepin' It Keebler
114 Posts
The Q Logic kicks do not fit 6 1/2's and they are flemsy....the reason i didnt buy any. I say spare a few extra bucks and get some custom fiberglass kicks made, especially for the purpose of people stomping on them.

ALSO to the guy that said somthing along the lines of "why move the speakers to the floor bla blah blah", kicks are made to point the music at your ear buddy, not like dodge did by pointing them down so the floor mats can have a jam session.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would agree with that comment. The Q logics don't fit 6 1/2's very well but you really don't need them since most 6 1/2's carry more mid bass than anything else, unless you coaxials but then still all you really need at that point is filler for higher mid range to high fequency tweets. I have 6 1/2 mids in the doors, 4" mid highs and 1" tweets in kicks, 6 1/2" coax in rear panels and 2 10" subs in a thunderform box. I have 2 amps mounted vertically in the center console 1 running mids/highs and 1 for subs with an ebc controller mounted in the center console as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's exactly what I did if you read the previous post all Jl audio for the front but you don't want just mid bass in the back with subs. That's why you should do coax's in the back for the rear passengers and better imaging from front to rear. In front of you and in back as well. IMO

·
Keepin' It Keebler
114 Posts
Well, my Brahma sub is soooo loud that the rear speekers dont even make a peep. I'm running Memphis up front, the mid is pretty decent but the highs are unmatchable(judging from the components I've heard, that is)

·
318 Posts
I just finished the install of my front stage. had custom kickpanels with mmats 6.5 and tweet with 8" middbass and tweet in the door. the 8" fits perfect in the door and I would HIGHLY recommend it. the kick panels where made perfect, e-brake wasn't bent and you probly wouldn't notice them if you didn't look. I have a 1000w 4channel pushing it all and its baddass. I don't know if I'm gonna put my subs back in. yall want pics?

oh and don't buy q-logic, if you plan on buying 300 dollar components why stick them in that flimsy thing. most people buy q-logics for the shape then strengthen them by adding material.

·
shake them babies
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lots of good pics at this site. navigate to "local r/ts" and "Monte's '99 Black Club Cab R/T" for the pic page.

my kickpanels were delivered today but the mailroom window will be closed till monday :cussing: so i won't be able to report what it will take to fit them into 2001-up dakotas/durangos yet :(

·
shake them babies
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
finally got my 97-98 panels (p/n 3007), they are short along the door sill, leaving about 2 inches exposed. also, it has no studs/brackets to attach firmly to the clips and the weatherstrip. lastly it'll take some work getting the 6.5 speaker to fit. mileage looks better on the newer kicks (p/n 3008), appearing to fit better after just cutting off the tall part.

skated off from work, just bondo'ed on some brackets to the q-form to match the stock panel. only thing now is to exend the threshold so there's no gap there and figure how to mount a 6.5 midbass in there. the big circle diameter is 6 1/8 inch.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.