Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry remote for a 1998 Durango? I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and have the working #1 remote that came with it. I bought the appropriate #2 remote off ebay, but can't find how to program it. I found instructions for 1999 and up (the kind of rounded remotes) but no luck for 1998 (square remotes). Can this one be user programmed, or do I have to go to a dealer?

Thanks!

Eddie

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I ended up just taking it to the dealer to program. Cost me $30 for 1/2 hour labor. Near as I can tell for the '98s there's no way to program them yourself - gotta have the computer hookup. :-( Anyway I have 2 working remotes now, so that's handy.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I found lots of instructions for the 99 and up, but I think the 98s were different. I admit I didn't try the instructions for the 99 on the 98, so maybe they would have worked. but I never found any instructions that claimed to work for the 98 and I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.

Don't the 99 and up models have a curvy, rounded remote? The 98s have a square one, so I think it's a different system. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time!
;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.