Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Durango now, and modifications have already begun haha. Since the stock radio is so quiet that it makes me cry, I want to replace it with my Kenwood mp3 player. I have three questions....(1) Is this installation easy?...(2) Is it easy to remove and replace the stock radio in the future?...and (3) Does anyone know of any instructions that i could get my hands on? I appreciate any info and I plan and talkin' alot with you guys. Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just replaced the stock unit in my '04 dakota with a Kenwood:D You're gonna need an installation kit. If you order the kit from Crutchfield they will send installation instructions with the kit. You're gonna need the installation kit, a wiring harness and an antenna adaptor. It'll run ya about $40 but if you order a new reciever you get it all for free!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, cd palyer installation is pretty easy. Just get a wiring harness, installed kit (the plastic to go around the cd player so theres not gap) and antenna adapter. Connect all the wires fron the back of the cd player to the wiring harness (just match up the colors), plug in the anatenna and your good to go!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok, right on. Yeah that sounds really easy, and it's good to hear of another Kenwood user. Once I get the mp3 player installed, then I believe it'll only make sense to put in my Memphis 12" subs.......hahaha. Again, thanks guys.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish i had room for a system. :rolleyes: Then again i might have to come out with the sawzall you never know :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? Your antenna fit right in? I wonder if that's the way Kendwoods are set up....where did you buy your wiring harness and installation kit? I can't wait to get my player in there.....the stock unit is slowly killing me.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Milan said:
i also have a kenwood head unit but i never needed an antena adapter mine fit right in.
:huh: that's odd. I have an '04 and I needed the adaptor. I have the Kenwood KDC-MP6025.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i only bought the wiring harness. they (circuit city) told me i needed an antenna adapter but i did a little test fit before going to the store just to make sure i wouldnt get screwed. im on my 3rd kenwood unit and i have had no problem with the antenna

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well then forget the antenna adapter, I guess I'll just pick up the wiring harness. Is your kenwood an mp3 player? Actually...what model number is it? It should be an easy installation, I just wanna avoid not having the right parts...or having unnecessary parts for that matter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the first one i had was an exelon 759 but it was to complicated for me. the next one i had i dont even remember the model number but i know it was an mp3 player, the one i have now is a 4022, i believe, and i havent had any problems with the stock antenna fitting

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know how easy it is to pull the factory trimpiece of the durango? It shouldn't be hard to install once I have that piece off, but I honestly have no idea how to get it off. I had a Probe and the center panel just pulled off.....can anyone help or provide instructions on how to do this? Any advice would be great....thanx!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts