Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my g/f just got a kennwood 528 and i got it hooked up and it works kinda. there is just no sound. there is something that you have to do because i have the 628 and i had to do it but forgot what to do. if anyone has and idea let me know

·
Registered
9 Posts
If everything is switching on with the H/U but no sound then you might not have the factory amp switching on.

You need to run the blue (remote) wire from the h/u down to the factory amp (in the passenger side footwell kick panel). From memory the green/red wire is the remote turn on wire for the amp ..... you'll need to connect the blue wire into it.

Hope that helps .... (might want to check around on the amp turn on wire .... I'm 95% sure its the green/red)

·
Registered
47 Posts
did you buy a aftermarket harness to install it or did you hardwire it? if you missed the factory turn on wire that could easily do it. also though if you have a blown speaker, or the wires are messed up it could be grounding out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.