Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kenne Bell supercharger is doing awesome! Beside pph header and high flow or no cat. Right now shes just a stock R/T Durango with KB supercharger, and a Ravin 30 series muffler, and some cosmetic mods. What should I save up for next? I was thinking of saving up to have the tranny built up. Would that be my best start? John what do you think? What was the order you did your mods? Appreciate all the help through out this process.. A.J.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Tranny is a good place to start. As far as motor mods, depends on the combo. If you just want some basic bolt ons to help wake it up, go with a bigger throttle body, at least a 52mm. Also a m1 intake manifold will help top end, might sacrifice some low end but i'm sure you aren't too worried about that with the kb blower! And a dual 2.5" exhaust...those 3 should give you a noticable gain in power. If you are still using the stock pcm a pcm flash would also help wake it up with those mods.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flash ok w/ a KB setup?

Can I flash my pcm and not screw up the KB Optimizer stuff? They warn a lot to take your superchips tuner off.. Is a flash different? Also read someone running a Mopar Perf. PCM with a KB, you can do this? Would be nice lol.. As for losing some low end thats not too big deal, 20 degrees outside and barks all 4 out of the hole. :biggthump

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Umm that i'm not sure of which is why I put that at the end...I know B&G offers blower flashes but maybe they weren't intended for the KB? I don't know much about s/c setups and most people don't go with the KB blower due to various problems associated with it, so finding someone that can help you with first hand info isn't a very easy task. I think the blower itself is a good unit but its components aren't the greatest, and it probably works best with a stock or close to stock vehicle...so probably would be best to keep the computer the same until you find out some more info on that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont run the Mopar computer. It puts 4 degrees advance into your timing which you dont want with a blower. A computer flash changes your revlimiter to 6500 and ups your shift point. They also program it for bigger injectors which most people go with 24# with a blower. Not sure about Kenne Bell, I have a Procharger.It also removes the crappy torque management Dodge puts in there. Raising those arent necessary for a stock motor but if you add an intake,cam it comes in handy.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well there ya go, looks like a pcm flash might do some good. Call B&G and ask them about it when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
A PCM flash would do you some good, but IMHO you should wait until you have some other pieces put on the truck before having a custom flash built, otherwise when you make changes to the config of the engine it will throw the tune off.

A bigger throttle body wouldn't hurt, the M1 intake manifold would be nice. As you already mentioned headers would be a big gain too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fellow Kb Superch'ged Red Durango

Hey, You Had Answered An Electronic Question On My Thread This Week. Yeah I've Been Having Problems Electronically On And Off. Sometimes I'll Stall At A Light.. Motor Revs And Stalls. Then The Light Goes Out. Later On In The Day She Drives Perfect. I'm Relieved To Find Out That This Is Actually A Kenne Bell Glitch And Not Mine.
Someone On Your Thread Posted That He Knew Of A Cure That He Had Seen On A Website. Maybe Like.. John Mercedes. He's Well Spoken Of In Theses Message Boards. I Think I Had Spoken To Him Before Although I Had Just Bought My S/c. He Kinda' Warned Me Of Some Problems. Well.. Hope To Hear From You Again. Write With Any Solutions For The Tps Iac And/or Map Sensor.

·
Registered
499 Posts
01RTDurango said:
The Kenne Bell supercharger is doing awesome! Beside pph header and high flow or no cat. Right now shes just a stock R/T Durango with KB supercharger, and a Ravin 30 series muffler, and some cosmetic mods. What should I save up for next? I was thinking of saving up to have the tranny built up. Would that be my best start? John what do you think? What was the order you did your mods? Appreciate all the help through out this process.. A.J.

Sounds good!! Happy to hear it's working out.

My old 5.9 motor was built in stages with the purpose of adding a blower. I started out with Fastman's top end package, (heads, cam, M1, TB, timing chain, 1.6 Crane roller rockers). Headers/exhaust was next, then had the tranny beefed up by Martin Saine, also a Fastman contact. Then the blower went on followed by an expert tune on the dyno using PerfectPower modules to control everything. When I swiapped out for the 408, the KB didn't flow enough air to fill it up so I went with Paxton as well as different heads and exhaust, but while it was on the 5.9 it was verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SinCity is right. Save the flash till you get some more mods.The flash is more for a modified motor. I just had a B&G flash done for my 408 but it has a long list of mods.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, my mind was in the right direction.. Flash after mods definately sounds like a good idea. As for the TPS problem I have not figured it out yet, but as thirsajohn is experiencing it I guess I am not alone. Hopefully figure it out soon, annoys the hell out of me! If any of you could help us out with this problem, instead of retyping I will link you to the already started thread: Post on KB TPS sensor problem!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.