Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I've had people contacting me outside the boards with questions, and while I can't answer every possible, I thought I would start a thread for those who, want to buy , have bought(such as my self),are thinking about buying, the new 6spd. kit that is now offered.
A little about me(for those who don't know me).
Like many other R/T owners, I bought my truck specifically because it is an R/T. That said my only real disappointment with the truck was the fact that it was not offered with a manual transmission. I am not a hard core drag racer, or any kind of racer for that matter. Just a guy who likes to wrench, modify, drive, and show his truck.
Now for what i know about this kit as it is now offered. I went over to Columbus OH. Saturday of the Nats specifically to drive Shafi Keislers truck, to see if this was worth the $$$. I drove it out on the road and was pleased with how useable 1st gear was(my old 95 5spd's first gear was like a tow truck gear) also how smooth it shifted, and how smooth it was in stop and go traffic. I placed my order that day, and if all goes as planned I will have the trans by early Oct. so I can get it installed and confirm a good install before winter. I will tell you I paid well south of $5000 for this kit. Incuded was a remanufactured t56 6spd gear box, new flywheel,clutch,pressure plate, throw out bearing, slave cylinder, shifter base,boot ,shifter handle,required mount,and drive shaft, and guage face with shift pattern.
I'll extend an open invite for those interested to ride/drive the truck.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
and guage face with shift pattern.
pretty cool...but whats way south of 5k?

and any pics any where of the gauge face with the shift pattern?

and is B&G taking care of the pcm for you R/T guys? rumor has it they are either slacking or just not doing it.

second biggest cost on mine is the sct...since theres not much of another way of removing (turning) the auto tranny parameters other than finding a manual pcm, but not much luck there

·
Registered
127 Posts
A Few Teaser shots of R/T56 - Shafi Keisler's truck

Hi Folks,

I mainly post at the dakotart.com forum where there is a thread about the kit I have redeveloped and look at potentially releasing shortly.

In the meantime, here are a few shots of my Dakota R/T which I purchased brand new the summer of 1998 when they just hit the lots. I have nearly completed a restomod on the truck.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii222/skeisler1968/DSC03392.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii222/skeisler1968/DSC03396.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii222/skeisler1968/DSC03404.jpg

I am not complete with other mods to the interior, and would like to show more interior details after I get the other pieces in place in a few days (I hope)

More to follow in the coming days.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
I started a thread about this here when I first read about it on DRTC.

Im very interested to see how this goes. Whens the exact cost going to be made public? It seems like its kinda being kept under wraps right now. More pics (and some vids) are always a plus. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
A Little More Information

I started a thread about this here when I first read about it on DRTC.

Im very interested to see how this goes. Whens the exact cost going to be made public? It seems like its kinda being kept under wraps right now. More pics (and some vids) are always a plus. :)
OrangeRT on DRTC took some high res video of me cruising and doing some burnouts with the truck at the Mopar Nationals cruise event in Heath, OH. He will be posting it.

I plan to announce availability, price, pics etc sometime next week if all goes as planned. If it moves forward, I plan to offer the kit as a Commemorative Numbered Edition of 10, which includes:
1. 6-speed transmission, specially painted, numbered and signed by me
2. instrument faceplate with customer's name and sequence number
3. special Keisler knob with optional lighting (yes, it lights up at night) or Pistol Grip with Carbon Fiber grips
4. a special award and documentation
5. 12 month unlimited mileage warranty, 12 months to activate warranty (24 month umbrella)
6. 12 months same as cash financing with low minimum monthly payment

My kit is #1, and customer position numbers 2, 3 and 4 - every guy that drove my truck - signed up at the Mopar Nats.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
whoa...that an old school headlight knob

any chance that specific parts will be offered outside the kit? like shifter handles?

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
OrangeRT on DRTC took some high res video of me cruising and doing some burnouts with the truck at the Mopar Nationals cruise event in Heath, OH. He will be posting it.

I plan to announce availability, price, pics etc sometime next week if all goes as planned. If it moves forward, I plan to offer the kit as a Commemorative Numbered Edition of 10, which includes:
3. special Keisler knob with optional lighting (yes, it lights up at night) or Pistol Grip with Carbon Fiber grips
5. 12 month unlimited mileage warranty, 12 months to activate warranty (24 month umbrella)

My kit is #1, and customer position numbers 2, 3 and 4 - every guy that drove my truck - signed up at the Mopar Nats.
So does that mean only 10 kits are going to be made?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
do you think it would work on a gen 2? i know im going to need a trans and i was hoping on geting one this winter if it has a decent price i'll be interested.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts

It would have been nice if we all got an equal chance to get this package. It sucks that just because someone couldnt go to nats that they could possibly not be able to get it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand. Is Keisler not willing to sell you a kit? He states kits 1-4 are spoken for, this leave 5-10(total of 6 more available). And that is just for the "Commemorative Numbered Edition of 10" I doubt if he received 15-20 orders he would say "no deal i've made 10 and thats it".

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
I don't understand. Is Keisler not willing to sell you a kit? He states kits 1-4 are spoken for, this leave 5-10(total of 6 more available). And that is just for the "Commemorative Numbered Edition of 10" I doubt if he received 15-20 orders he would say "no deal i've made 10 and thats it".
I called and asked when I can place an order and he said in about a month

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called and asked when I can place an order and he said in about a month
Oh, Ok. Makes sense now. I would think though he will open up to orders once he knows he has the money lender on board, for those who don't have that much cash available.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get On Board !

It would have been nice if we all got an equal chance to get this package. It sucks that just because someone couldnt go to nats that they could possibly not be able to get it.
Hi Sick660r and others interested in this product,

The Commemorative Edition is planned for 10, as the Dakota R/T is ten years old this summer. However, if more people would like to get on board, I can expand it, although I can't speak to holding the price. The T56 transmission cores are very expensive now.

I have Bill, Jesse and Chris for positions 2, 3 and 4. This leaves 5 thru 10 open.

The bottom line is: Don't wait around - PM me, or call me toll free NOW at 888-609-8187 x203 and I can go over all of the details over the phone, including the 12 month financing. You can secure a position in the Commemorative Edition line-up now so that if I do make it, you will get one.

My web people are working to construct the Dakota R/T56 page so that I can show you pics, content, price and more information.

·
Registered
127 Posts
do you think it would work on a gen 2? i know im going to need a trans and i was hoping on geting one this winter if it has a decent price i'll be interested.
Only 1998-2003 Dakota R/T trucks will be eligible, because we can't support all of the other body and drivetrain variants.

We do have 5-speed TKO that can be adapted for anything outside the above.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is worse than having a great gift(that you know what it is) under the tree and you can't open it til Christmas. Hurry up Shafi-Claus :jester::jester:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Keisler "R/T56 Commemorative Edition" 6-Speed Kit Announcement

Hi All,

I am getting a lot of PMs showing interest in the 6-speed kit, so let's roll out some more information along with price and availability.

Keisler "R/T56 Commemorative Edition" Numbered Series of 10
This special edition 6-speed kit is a unique product offering celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Dakota R/T. Considered the ultimate drivetrain upgrade, the R/T56 kit is a combination of kick ass performance and driveability, adding the look and feel you expect from a sport truck.

Each R/T56 kit is showcased by a numbered and signed transmission, logo shifter handle and knob, and features a SRT inspired instrument panel face plate which includes your name and sequence number. The R/T56 Commemorative Edition kits are designed to be an exclusive offering, providing the finest in materials, engineering and craftsmanship.

Each R/T56 kit includes the following:
- Tremec T56 close ratio 6-speed transmission with upgraded Viper components including shaft, carbon fiber friction cones, steel forks. Ratios: 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 0.79 0.63
- Keisler pro billet shifter with upgraded return springs
- Keisler aluminum bellhousing with inspection cover
- 11inch steel flywheel
- 11inch Sachs Borg & Beck high performance diaphram clutch with modern pedal effort (so easy, you can push the clutch pedal to the floor with your hand).
- Modern concentric slave hydraulic clutch kit with die cast master cylinder, stainless steel flex line with bleeder and clutch reservoir; pre-bled and service free design for more than 100,000mile durability
- transmission mount isolator
- driveshaft slip yoke
- wiring connectors for back-up lights, reverse lock-out solenoid
- chrome shifter handle with round knob (optional carbon fiber or wood nostalgia Pistol Grip handle)
- black molded rubber oval shift boot
- show chrome matching shift boot retaining ring
- automotive grade hardware, packaged and labeled
- illustrated instruction manual
- 12 month, unlimited mileage warranty
PLUS
- R/T56 custom instrument panel faceplate, featuring modern SRT-inspired bold swept fonts over silver face, 6-speed shift pattern and your name and sequence number

You will need to provide a new or used clutch and brake pedal, driveshaft modification, and a computer reflash by our program partner. For regular cab trucks, Keisler can provide a new dynamically balanced steel driveshaft with performance u-joints at extra cost. For extended cab trucks, we can refer you to a driveshaft company capable of manufacturing new aluminum driveshafts or modifying an existing aluminum driveshaft commonly found in salvage yards from Ram 1500 ton trucks. In the past, we have sucessfully used Ram truck aluminum driveshafts with no length modification whatsoever.

Price
The R/T56 Commemorative Edition kit is priced at just $4300, plus shipping (add tax for Tennessee residents only). Shipping runs $150-250 within the lower 48 states.

Financing
We have 12 months same as cash financing with approved credit. Minimum monthly payment is 5% of financed amount. A discount is available if paid by cash or check.

Lead Time & Delivery
I have position #1, and positions 2-4 are spoken for. As I get your commitments and fill the roster for positions #5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, then we are looking at a maximum of 6 weeks for build-out. Shipping is by truck freight, business address is best but home delivery is usually possible.

And, with all Keisler Engineering products, customer satisfaction and service are guaranteed. I've sold thousands of transmissions, and this kit is, without a doubt, one my favorites of all time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Ok, couple questions.

Is silver our only option for the gauge face? Id really like a black one, as close to stock looking (colors/font wise) as possible if I get in on this.

Is a white our only option for the round shift knob? Id prefer black for this also.

Ill be running a supercharged 408 with a 318 flexplate, can I even run the R/T56 kit?

I remember Barry had B&G flash his PCM for auto-delete, but I had planned on tunning with Accel. Is the auto-delete something I could do with Accel? If not, could I still tune with Accel and have B&G (or whoever you use now) ONLY do the auto-delete and the rest of my tune be the same?

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
Ill be running a supercharged 408 with a 318 flexplate, can I even run the R/T56 kit?
if the 318 flexplate is balanced you will have to find a balanced flywheel...if it is neutral...then ofcourse a neutral flywheel...hopefully he can supply the one you need

and for shafi.....thanks for sending that pm......my own kit is just about done..just lacking the shifter, shift ball, having my driveshaft high speed balanced and the programming...since i have the 545rfe, not the R/T...its been pretty complicated...

but for your gear shift pattern.....kinda doubt you have it this way...but does each gear light up when its in that gear? (sounds like a new project for me)

and you are saying that a t-5, t-45 shifter WILL fit a t56? if thats the case...that makes it easier to find one i like
is keisler making these shifters? they look like some nice pieces

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok, couple questions.

Is silver our only option for the gauge face? Id really like a black one, as close to stock looking (colors/font wise) as possible if I get in on this.

Is a white our only option for the round shift knob? Id prefer black for this also.

I remember Barry had B&G flash his PCM for auto-delete, but I had planned on tunning with Accel. Is the auto-delete something I could do with Accel? If not, could I still tune with Accel and have B&G (or whoever you use now) ONLY do the auto-delete and the rest of my tune be the same?
On the face plate, I need to consider this a bit more. I am trying to minimize variation, as it complicates things and opens the door for mistakes.

Black knob is no problem.

A neutral balance which is what the 318 is, shouldn't be a problem. Are you running the Accel or stock PCM? If you run the Accel, I would not think you need the stock PCM to be reflashed. The least cost option is to reflash your stock PCM with a tune for your 408 and manual trans, and I will try to help you make that happen.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts