Dakota Durango Forum banner

What should i do?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so im currently considering getting a paint job and need to have my tonneau resprayed while im at it. thing is, my tonneau looks like this, and im not sure if i should keep it that way or just go all solid black... what do u guys think?

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
Solid black please.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o btw, thats not a decal, its painted. and yes it came like that when i bought the truck lol. im not sure how i feel about it either :huh: i mean ive lived with it for about 2 years now but im not gonna really be phased if it disappears

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
go all black

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
That's pretty amazing paint job. Looked like a decal to me!

I say try to keep it, maybe air brush some candy over it to turn the red grey or something.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's pretty amazing paint job. Looked like a decal to me!

I say try to keep it, maybe air brush some candy over it to turn the red grey or something.
yea its actually like airbrushed on, and u can kinda see th edge of the black paint where it was taped off..

itd be cool to black out the silver and leave the red but at the same time, thats a lot of work and that equates to more money to be spent, which isnt gonna happen lol, tight budget calls for keepin it or making it pull a houdini

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
i say keep it.. it looks cool, and so you paint over it..whoopie doo a nice dakota with a black tonneau is never going to stick in someones mind after a gathering of dakotas.. but a nice dakota with that rams head that was airbrushed on the tonneau.. that will stick.. i mean look at the buzz about it already on this thread.. it looks like a decal, its paint.. its paint? yeah painted on ..etc.. or just paint it black and get.. nice truck... thanks.. moving on.

:huh: to each their own i would spruce up the balck and leave the decal

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
yea its actually like airbrushed on, and u can kinda see th edge of the black paint where it was taped off..

itd be cool to black out the silver and leave the red but at the same time, thats a lot of work and that equates to more money to be spent, which isnt gonna happen lol, tight budget calls for keepin it or making it pull a houdini
If it's going to cost money don't even take the cover to the booth.

I like it how it is. :D

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no paint will be going on for a long time now unfortunately... however, i am considering of attempting to paint it myself over summer now, with th help of someone knowledgable in painting of course lol

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
no paint will be going on for a long time now unfortunately... however, i am considering of attempting to paint it myself over summer now, with th help of someone knowledgable in painting of course lol
Your keepin that dodge emblem dude?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts