Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I need to know your opinions on Katzkin leather. I was thinking of doing my interior in all leather. I found a local shop that will re upholster my seats (if brett decides not to sell his to me), door panels up front, rear seats, and door panels in the rear in Katzkin (sp?) leather for $1100 total. That includes all materials and labor. The only thing that would be extra is embroidery.

Now, I have been told its good material, and I have been told that it starts to sag after time. So, is it good / bad ? Does it last or sag ?

Opinions and / or testimonies appreciated.

It boils down to either doing that, or getting the Cerullo interiors. The seats, door panels, rear panels, and rear seats. Only problem is, Cerullo is way more expensive, and then I gotta pay shipping on top of that.

I also have a question about Cerullo. Do you have to send your door panels, rear panels, and rear seat cushions to them, or do they just send covers for those pieces to me ?

Thanks,

~CYCLONE_06

T

·
0 Posts
I would go with the katzkin. Just dont plop you arse down or slide all around in your seat you should be fine.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There wont be any "plopping" or flopping of my arse. LOL Seriously though, I take care of my truck, and I like them both. I really dont plan on doing any road corse racing, so I dont really need the cerullo, but they look a tad bit better.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
Ok folks, I need to know your opinions on Katzkin leather. I was thinking of doing my interior in all leather. I found a local shop that will re upholster my seats (if brett decides not to sell his to me), door panels up front, rear seats, and door panels in the rear in Katzkin (sp?) leather for $1100 total. That includes all materials and labor. The only thing that would be extra is embroidery.

Now, I have been told its good material, and I have been told that it starts to sag after time. So, is it good / bad ? Does it last or sag ?

Opinions and / or testimonies appreciated.

It boils down to either doing that, or getting the Cerullo interiors. The seats, door panels, rear panels, and rear seats. Only problem is, Cerullo is way more expensive, and then I gotta pay shipping on top of that.

I also have a question about Cerullo. Do you have to send your door panels, rear panels, and rear seat cushions to them, or do they just send covers for those pieces to me ?

Thanks,

~CYCLONE_06
The Cerullo seats are far superior to any recovered stock seat, the fit and finish is excellent. I've seen Scott Quaranta's seats in person and they look absolutely amazing.

If you want a sport-style seat, buy the Cerullos (or if your budget just can't reach that high, get the Corbeaus).

If you like the feel of a stock-style seat with leather, get the Katzkins. You're not going to gain any support or comfort with the Katzkin kit, just the look and feel of leather.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
There wont be any "plopping" or flopping of my arse. LOL Seriously though, I take care of my truck, and I like them both. I really dont plan on doing any road corse racing, so I dont really need the cerullo, but they look a tad bit better.

~CYCLONE_06
They have other seats that don't have those big sides on them. They have one that would be close to the same as your stock one

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am gonna go with the Katzkin. Simply because its here, locally, and I dont have to pay shipping, the stock seats are comfortable, embroidery is only $45 for both seats, and If I ever had a problem, I could just take it right back to salisbury auto trim for them to fix it. I stopped in there today, and took a look at their operation. I saw some samples and such. So, its gonna cost around $1145 for two front seats, two front door panels, two rear cab panels, two rear upper cushions, and two rear lower cushions. Thats 10 pieces total. I think its a good deal. Especially considering my truck is a 2000, so it came with cloth interior. Even later down the line, if my front seats start to sag, I will just get them refurbished or just order the cerullo seats, that way the interior will already be done.

~CYCLONE_06

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bringing an old thread back to life here... does anyone have the Cerullo seats (darren I know you do)? Does the stock center console fit with the Cerullos, and do the Cerullos fold forward like the stock ones ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
Big mouth heavy foot
4,734 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life here... does anyone have the Cerullo seats (darren I know you do)? Does the stock center console fit with the Cerullos, and do the Cerullos fold forward like the stock ones ?

~CYCLONE_06
What ever happened to your seats? Did you do the covers or what where are some pics???

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the Katzkin done. I love them, but I picked the wrong colors at the shop, the grey is just one shade brighter than agate. So, I was thinking of replacing my carpet to match the grey of the seats. I am still thinking of going with the Cerullos tho, later on.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
649 Posts
Pretty good pricing on that. I'm about to have my seats done in blue and gray suede and its going to run about 600 for just the front.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts

~CYCLONE_06
To answer your questions.... yes and yes.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Darren.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 15 of 15 Posts