Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Larger and smoother inside than the stock 5.9L air hat. Lots of air coming in now!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
mopar rt said:
Did this air hat bolt right up or does it require some modifications?
They bolt right up.

You will need some sort of reducer for the air intake tube however, the K&N outlet is 4" in diameter. Places like www.bakerprecision.com have 4"-3" or 4"-3.5" reducers available.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks way better than my K&N FIPK. I'm jealous! LOL

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bamboo, where did you get that air hat from, I've been lookin for one but no luck.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
twistedrt01 said:
That looks way better than my K&N FIPK. I'm jealous! LOL
They look better to me too... also they will hold up... those plastic ones tend to crack very easily. I'm sure you've heard the horror stories.

Paul

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much does this cost and where can you purchase it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the proper link. How much did that hat cost you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did it improve your fuel economy any? I removed my air cleaner and drove 5 miles down the highway to see what the reduced restriction would do and it gave me an extra 2-3 MPG I wonder if this would provide similar results.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey i have a k&n FIPK and of course it has a huge crack right on top is there anyway i could buy this metal one and cut off part of my FIPK and reconect them or is that a bad idea

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the hats been on for a couple of years and it's held up great. There's no difference in MPG but because of the increased air flow the sucking noise when you get on it is pretty loud. Sometimes it even gets on my nerves.

I remember paying about $170 for it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
RTDAKOTA59 said:
hey i have a k&n FIPK and of course it has a huge crack right on top is there anyway i could buy this metal one and cut off part of my FIPK and reconect them or is that a bad idea
K&N should replace it for you. give em a call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts