Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about starting to mod up my truck. I thought it would be good to do exhaust and intake first. For the intake I was eyeing K&N's FIPK intake (http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-1516), any pro's or con's to this intake, are there better ones to get? For the exhaust(cat-back) I was thinking about the Gibson exhaust, Magnaflow, or a Borla. Any pro's or cons with these systems? I'm used to working on and modding 30 year old cars, first time doing anything to a new vehicle :p. Thanks in advance, John.

PS- Will any of this void the warrenty?

· Registered
94 Posts
the K&N FIPK is good I hear. I've never heard the Gibson, but I really like Borla's sound, it's real throaty. It will only void your warrenty if the part caused the problem. Other than that, it sounds like you know what you want...run with it

· Registered
48 Posts
over the weekend i installed my fipk on my 04 kota. and i love it. ive been driving the sh!t out of my kota since i installed it and im getting about .5 more mpg. i cant keep my foot out of it because it sounds nice at wot :mullet: so i should probably being seeing better mpg if i kept my foot out of it. only mods i have so far are the fipk and fastman 69mm tb.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'll hope to get them on in the summer time when I have the money, I gotta spend what I have on my race car. :rant:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.