Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i wanna name him brutus hahaha... dont ask why cuz idk where it came from... anyways a couple pictures and info...

2000 Rango R/T
aftermarket intake
prolly stock exhaust (cant tell... horrible weld jobs on it so maybe a stock replacement?)
some weird headlights and tail lights... im putting oem tails back on though, i dont like chrome tail lights... too flashy

third row seats

middle seats

front seats

dash (no cracks or anything :D )

it also has mesh in grille and down by fogs idk if i like either

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well first im thinking about replacing the headers, but i know i wanna get that pencil thin exhaust pipe replaced with something that will let the motor breath a lil better lol

but idk yet honestly, ive always wanted one since i was younger, i just loved the 1st gen then the R/T came out and i was like i will own you one day... 10 years later here i am :p

i think i wanna do a small lift like 2 or 3 in nothing crazy but just enough to have a lil fun if i wanted, i like the stock rims so maybe if i do the lift, ill put some 33 on there if thats doable with the stock rims.. other than that, im content with the way it is so far

i would like a lil more power out of it eventually but right now im just gonna catch up on some maintenance, replace some suspension parts and get it ready for a trip from cali to oregon to bama :)

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
Looks nice! :wave:

·
We Are 138
13,200 Posts
I'd keep those head lights, but ditch the euro chrome tails.

Other than that, it looks great. I'd love to have those front seats in my Dakota R/T.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea I went to switch them out earlier but the adapter for bulbs won't screw into the oem tails.... but I def don't want them on there any longer than I have to lol

Edit: I realized that the yellow things in the back of the lights were actually where the bulbs connect haha so they're now back to oem tails :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does that do? Is that like 1 of those ECU chip saying that claim to give you 80 miles per gallon and plus 50 horsepower but never actually work lol

·
We Are 138
13,200 Posts
Naw, it's not some scam thing like that.

You plug it into the OBD port,push a few buttons,follow onscreen directions and tada, you are now performance tuned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What are we talking performance gains? And how much do those go for?

Edit: just looked on jegs, it says plus 47 horsepower and plus 59 foot pounds of torque that almost seems to good to be true, does this thing really actually working that well? :)

·
We Are 138
13,200 Posts
I bought this one for 320, but I'm selling it on here for 280 or best offer.

I noticed a decent pick up in low end torque, and gas mileage.. Before, my truck would only get 15 on the highway at 70mph, now it get's about 17.3 to 17.5.It has several different tunes to chose from.. it has a Economy tune for mpg alone, then it has 87 performance and 91 performance. I keep it on 91 performance and run 93 octane fuel all the time. Picked up the most power and mpg with the 91 tune. It's paid for itself by now with all the road trips i go on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if you still have it when I say move over to Alabama then I will pick it up but as of right now all the money I have is going towards my drive across country and I kind of need to conserve that lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah at the end of the month me and my best friend are moving out east to Gadsden, I used to be stationed in Fort Campbell but lived in Clarksville Tennessee so I just miss it, I hate California lol and he has family out in Bama

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not too sure exactly where that is but I can look it up on a map lol... and just to let you know me my buddy his whole family we are all Pac12... there will be none of that roll tide crap around me haha Go Ducks lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i just looked it up... its actually closer to huntsville, which is one of the places we were talking about moving to after we settle in Gadsden

and yea prolly not too many friends out there but hell ill survive... nothing better for a friendship than a good rivalry :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts