Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 295/40/20 tires and a 2/3 DJM (Lowering arms and blocks) drop on my R/T. The truck went down lower than I thought, and now the tire's rub up front when you hit any little bumb. So now im looking for a fix. Should i run a smaller tire say a 255/35 20 and if i run this what risk do i put on my rims running this small of sidewalls? Any info to help would be great Thanks

·
pressurized
187 Posts
Buster said:
I'm running 295/40/20 tires and a 2/3 DJM (Lowering arms and blocks) drop on my R/T. The truck went down lower than I thought, and now the tire's rub up front when you hit any little bumb. So now im looking for a fix. Should i run a smaller tire say a 255/35 20 and if i run this what risk do i put on my rims running this small of sidewalls? Any info to help would be great Thanks
hey man have you tried triming your fender flares that is what i had to do and mine is slammed like 4" with 255/35/20 up front if you have acsess to an air saw like is the tool for the job i actually cut pretty much everything under there but it worked and looks good check it out on the photo thread under my arc audio dakota remember me for tom thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cupholder said:
did that djm kit drop you to a 3/4?? i am debating between that kit or doing a 4/6
Hey Cupholder the 2/3 drop on the R/T put it down preaty level I'll put some pics on in the morning and let you see how it turned out.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i think i would go with a smaller tire, rather than cuting on you truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well heres pics of my R/T after the 2' inch lowering arms, and running 295/40 on 20' s my tires are 29" tall and from ground to fender flare is 30" so that leaves a inch. :cussing:

Attachments

·
Monkey see, Monkey do
588 Posts
that looks good.where di you get your kit?

the front of your truck is lower because you still have the 1" stock drop coils.thats why it sits lower.am i correct someone??

looks like i might get that kit....looks really nice with the 20s.what wheels are those??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lower profile tires are on there way 255/35's like you said Alta Boy. Thanks!

And Cupholder the kit is from DJM Suspension, and the rims are American Racing Prism's 20x8.5.

·
Registered
53 Posts
drunkndrop

i had the same problem with 18s 4/5 1/2 drop i cant find shocks stiff enought to keep the front from rub'n i just cut the wells out some it also shreads your tires if you dont do it right away! i had the same problem in the rear and i got a gs motor sports baby c and the rear diff hits the bed when i hit bumps if u can get the qa1 drag shocks for your truck

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well new tires are on :biggthump Rear bumpstops removed and front stops fixed to stop the tires right at the fender. So my rubbing issue is gone thanks for all the help :bow:

Attachments

G

·
hey, are those the nitto extreme 555...those are the tires i just ordered today...because just as Alta Boy told me, i would rub, and i surely did :bow: i did a different drop though, i was running 255/50 R20...and did a 3/5 DJM drop...and well...lets just say...it rubbed all the way there on the freeway...not nice. So..i ordered some nitto 35 series shoes today. I think i should be gravy. Heres a picture from a car show i was at... (the day after i lowered it)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.