Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah you're right, i installed the quick connectors so i can take it off. i've got to say this winch seems like quality, it's heavy as sh!t. i got the winch, mount, and quick connects for $400, plus it came with a full 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the front hitch is bolted to the frame where the bumper bolts, and it also bolts to the cross member under the engine. it's a very solid hitch. and the winch is on a 2'' receiver mount.

·
Registered
540 Posts
But I need to know where exactly it bolts to the frame. Can you get a pic of it? I ask because I want one but my light bar brackets sit between the frame rail and bumper bracket and that was a royal pain. If it sits there I'll have to rethink my front end.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the way i bolted it was on the outside of the bumper brackets. you use the existing bumper mounting holes in the fame rail and cross member. it had about an 1/4 inch of play on both sides before i tightened up the bolts. idk you might be able to use the light bar too, then again the hitch sits right up next to the bottom of the bumper. this hitch had some extra holes in the mounts i don't know what it is for. hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn, that's a nice truck. i though about that bar but i can't use it with the winch. the handles for the winch mount is about an inch away from the bumper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts