Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much thought and consideration of all exhaust options I had a magnaflow 3" XL muffler put in today in place of the stock dynomax. I am very impressed indeed. Starting it up there's a slight rumble then it just sounds like stock. Cruising around it's dead silent like stock, next to NO interior resonance. But if you floor it, it screams, deep, throaty, just like a v8 should...it's really a great piece. And as much as I hate stating "seat of the pants" feel for power gains, there is a definite difference before and after. This is definitely the right muffler solution for the 5.9. Very civil and docile yet ultra aggressive, and all on que, the way it should be. :toast:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good choice on the Magnaflow. IMHO they are one of the best sounding mufflers
out there to buy. I ve been thinking of taking my Spins off and putting them on my Mustang(where I dont mind how loud they are) and putting on a pair of Magnaflows instead.

·
0 Posts
i am a flowmaster guy myself, but being that my turbocharged bigblock dart has to use a non-baffled muffler, i am left searching for something new. maybe this is exactly what i need for it and my dakota i just got. i need to doo a full exahust including the cat (its loose inside) so i will look into this for sure as it sounds like a perfect muffler for a daily driver. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Heh heh always glad to put out a useful opinion, i actually went to the muffler shop with the intent of getting a flowmaster, but I was able to hear both in person and well from the inside the magnaflow sold itself to me. Oh and I actually took my truck on the freeway today and well now i can definitely say i picked up some added top end. Anyhoo, from here on out it's nothing but modding the intake side before i do anything else exhaust related. Slowly but surely it'll all happen...plan on keeping my truck til it falls apart anyways. Since it's garaged and always pampered, that won't be for awhile ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
congrats. I know it sounds great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts