Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just cracked 600 miles on the ticker and installed my new ProZen air intake, so I thought I'd run over to the dyno and see what kind of power this Hemi is making. Well, the chart doesn't lie. I was glad to see those numbers. First run was stock pull.
Max power was 283.52 Max Torque was 359.42
Then I put on my air intake.
Max power was 283.48 Max Torque was 374.25

So I lost .04 HP on the intake, but gained 14.83lb-ft

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting post. Everything I've read on the topic for the HEMI stated that aftermarket intakes wouldn't do a thing because it's a speed density system rather than mass air. :huh:

Great, just when I was telling the wife I wouldn't go crazy with the mods on the new D......... :nono:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm probably going to order the Magnaflow cat-back system as next week. Then I'll go dyno it again. Flowmaster has a kit as well, but it's an American Thunder kit, and they are pretty loud. Magnaflow says I should see gains of "about 20hp at the higher rpms". We'll see I say.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Excellent post, I know it is kind of expensive but if possible after installing the exhaust system and running with it for a few hundred miles, can you re-dyno again just to see how the hemi is or is not making power with the bolt-ons ???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, a new dyno just opened up here in Fayetteville, NC, and they only charge $50 for three runs (30 minutes). I'm going to most likely order the magnaflow at the beginning of Oct myself. Then I'll get it dynoed right after I put it on, and repost the numbers. I submitted the dyno info to ProZen, and I'll do the same for Magnaflow.

G

·
they say that the hemi makes more power with over 150 hours .. mine really did feel faster after about 2,000 miles .. is it in my head, i don't know but my butt sure felt the differance..

G

·
fullslp1 said:
they say that the hemi makes more power with over 150 hours .. mine really did feel faster after about 2,000 miles .. is it in my head, i don't know but my butt sure felt the differance..
that's absolutely true. I work at a dealership and every customer I've talked to says that around 2000-ish miles the Hemi wakes up and feels like a totally different motor. Be patient, the Hemi will come around and make you a happy camper :)

-miggity

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to agree with this. I just cracked 3k on mine and it does feel different then the first day I brought it home. Definitely feels like it has a little more. I still can't believe how crazy it is on the highway. Top gear acceleration is incredible not to mention if it kicks down a gear. It goes like my wife's 300m...well, with a 1500lb beer gut. :drink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.