Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need input on those of you running this particular 2bbl TB. As of now I am running a 52mm F&B TB and would like to know would this be an upgrade in performance or just run the current TB I have now? I like the F&B line of TB's but I hear you will have to modify the M-1 if you go bigger then a 52mm. Do you have to modify the JM TB as well?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
408, m-1, headers, 2.5 duals, eddy heads, 2600 stall, rr, n2o, shift kit, 4.56 gears, comp cam, 10.8 comp and other little stuff...

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Which m-1? If it is not a 4bbl I would swap it out at the same time. (modifying the manifold, or 2-4bbl adapter is not a bad thing, it would be worth the effor to go bigger)

I would say you are past the 52mm throttle body. There hasn't been much feedback on the single blade, or a third part comparison yet. How does the price compare to F&B's larger offerings?

I can't help but think tip-in control is going to be worse with the single blade throttle bodies, it is for all the mustang offerings. With a big cube high compression motor and not much converter, it might be a bit touchy in traffic.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
That 2bbl is choking you motor out just as much as that 52mm throttle body.

You can sell it for more than a 4bbl costs new, it should help pay for your throttle body upgrade.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
The 2bbl M1 will be fine unless you want to spin some higher RPMs. I'm running a 52x55 F&B on mine and I had to open up my 2bbl M1 a little, but nothing a little work with a dremel tool didn't fix. Even with the 4bbl M1, you will still have to do the same thing to the 2bbl adapter on it. And as mentioned, I can't imagine the throttle response on the single blade JM TB is very fun.

·
registered abuser
450 Posts
I bought the one that was recently up for sale. It's a little touchy right off idle but I think my larger tires mask it a bit because I need to give some more throttle to get her moving anyway. I only think about it when I have passengers and try to driver smoother. Would think it's going to be worse with some short rubber. Didn't have any idle problems whatsover, it fit great, I didn't have to pull my M1 off to modify it so I'm happy with it. Looked like a good piece to me and i paid $100 less than a 52mm f&b on the group buy. Put in on at the same time as some 1.7's and it made a gain on top end, no numbers to compare though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Need input on those of you running this particular 2bbl TB. As of now I am running a 52mm F&B TB and would like to know would this be an upgrade in performance or just run the current TB I have now? I like the F&B line of TB's but I hear you will have to modify the M-1 if you go bigger then a 52mm. Do you have to modify the JM TB as well?
I'm not running the F&B TB but I will say that with a stroker a 52mm TB is too small. I just removed my Hughes 52mm TB and installed a 53.3mm OEM TB I just modified and it made a huge difference. I'm using the 2-bbl M1. I thought about getting the 4-bbl M1 but I'm not sure there is much difference other than the size of the plenum.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have the single blade TB from John on my truck and have zero problems with it. If wondering, it flows 1000 cfm which is plenty for most builds.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tanky not to hijack thread but what intake do you run and did you have to modify?
4 Barrel M1 with 2 BBL adapter for the TB to sit on. Fit perfect, nothing needed modifying. I think I might have had to shave the fuel rail mounting pedestals down slightly to allow the injectors to sit properly but otherwise it was an easy bolt on.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
To the OP, I would run a large F&B 2bbl unit on a 4bbl manifold with 2bbl adapter. Make sure to port match the adapter to the throttle body.

To Brian- the 2bbl is inadequate for a heads/cam stroker motor, in as cast form it flows something like 235cfm per runner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts