Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone has JBA Headers on their truck. i have a 99 r/t 5.9L. Still stock but looking to put JBA headers on. They are Silver ceramic coated 409 stainless steel. Part number - 1945S-1JS. Ceramic coating on inside and outside. 14 gauge steel, 4 into 1. I can get a set for $700 out the door. I'm thinking that's a real high price. What do you think? Should I get them or look for something else? I'll take anyones opinion.

·
Scared? We're all scared
170 Posts
I paid $250 for mine, but that was used. When I was looking at them before, $450 was the highest that I'd seen them. Sounds like a rip off to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah. I also plan on putting exhaust as well. Just looking at what brand headers to put. But planning on putting duals. Just not sure whether true duals or cat back duals. But stock headers on back to tail pipe is going to get replaced. Any recommendations on what I should do.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
I would go with the PPH headers you can find them at www.southeastrt.com.

As for exhaust. If you want true duals alot of peeps are going with GS Motorsports setup. Heres a link - www.gsmotorsports.com. or other are going with flowmaster 40's. some like gibson or dynomax or magnaflow. It all depends on what kind of sound you want. Best bet is try to find some audio files of different mufflers and see what you like best.

G

·
I have a set of JBA's that i had on my truck before i put the GMS headers on. If you want to buy them make me a reasonable offer.

Stephen

·
Scared? We're all scared
170 Posts
Dakrt7 said:
I have a set of JBA's that i had on my truck before i put the GMS headers on. If you want to buy them make me a reasonable offer.

Stephen

Did you notice any difference when you went to the GMS headers?

G

·
yeah i felt a difference in it. But i bought the Headers and the spintech true duals. The only exhaust mod i had was the JBAs I probably would of felt a little more power from them if i would have got rid of the factory Y pipe and cats.

Stephen

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am using the Gibson headers on my R/T along with the Gibson cat backs. Price for the Gibson headers was $649.00 for the ceramic coated and without ceramic they are about $200 less.

Be ready to spend your entire weekend installing the headers. Putting the truck on a rack is the best way of doing it. If you have to do the work using jack stands it sucks.

My advice is to purchase the entire system from the headers back and install all new parts. Opening up the flow all the way back will give you the best gaines. Besides removing the old stuff is the worst part of the job so if your under the truck you might as well gut the entire system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.