Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap after working on my truck (92 Dak CC 4x4) since late April the sucker is done!!!!! :banana2: I swapped in a low mileage 360 that I re-gasketed and re-sensored. Rebuilt the 46rh. Rebuilt the NP231D. Rebuilt the front and rear brakes and suspension. Rebuilt the steering. New exhaust. New 31x10.5's. New fuel pump..... it goes on and on you name it I prolly replaced it.... Have been driving it that last few weeks but it was running like crap. Today I reindexed the distributor and set my fuel sync. Purrs like a kitten.. smooth idle and runs like new!! I've got alot of money into it but the drive I took today with it running right was SO NICE almost made it worth it. ALOT of trial and error to get it right. Here is a few of the mods done.

EGR & EVAP delete
3923's
Dwight TB special
Efan conversion
K&N open top filter
Shift kit
Cat removed
Mopar 360 PCM for 94-95 OBD1
Factory manifolds for 92-93 318
Kegger mod

The only code I throw is 37. Overdrive/torque converter solenoid short. I knew I should've replaced it when I rebuilt the tranny. I plan on doing a service after 5-6k miles so I'll pull the valve body and do it then. No pics today but I'll try to put some up tomorrow. It is ugly as hell right now and the headliner is sagging but in time both will get their attention.

Ok done rambling the happy thoughts time for a beer!!

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you thankyou....I plan on putting pics of the pig up tomorrow but shes not much to look at. The exterior has the typical early 90's Chrysler paint issues. I put on the 15x8 rims from a Gen3 Dak. The interior is in pretty good shape with the exception of the sagging headliner.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Thank you thankyou....I plan on putting pics of the pig up tomorrow but shes not much to look at. The exterior has the typical early 90's Chrysler paint issues. I put on the 15x8 rims from a Gen3 Dak. The interior is in pretty good shape with the exception of the sagging headliner.
haha so what, pics are pics :mullet:

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Anyone know how to get an OEM type emblem that says 5.9?? LOL

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
And more

Dwight's custom TB

My EGR delete. Sensor is from a 98. I throw no EGR code with this setup.

Where the EVAP system used to be

And the EVAP connection with the resistor in place. I throw no EVAP code.

The electric fan fits with clearence left. For right now I have it wired with a manual switch. With it running the gauge never goes past half and that was with the truck idling for half an hour. Also from my other pic post you can see that I got an overhead console. When I replace the headliner its going to go in. Also not in the pic is the self dimming mirror that goes with it. I have a factory wiring schematic. I will have to run everything myself because the console & mirror were not an option in 92 and there are no wiring provisions for them. I have the wiring, sensor and bracket. The miles are also total original. This truck sat in a field, then barn for a total of 5yrs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts