Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was online and saw a Mopar Intake Manifold and the model number for it was P5007398AB. I just wanted to make sure that this was the right manifold for me. I know I can use either EGR or Non-EGR for my 02 R/T and this product number is saying that it is EGR. I just want to make sure that it is the right intake manifold and i dont go spending $400 on it if it is not the right part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see in your post it says 92-97 dakota, but i need it for a 02, the summit racing page i got it on says it will work on an 02 but i just want to make sure. Summit racing, it doesnt come with a kit, but if i pay for the intake my parents said they will pay for shippin and the kit to install it since they owe me money anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
silvr02dak said:
I see in your post it says 92-97 dakota, but i need it for a 02, the summit racing page i got it on says it will work on an 02 but i just want to make sure. Summit racing, it doesnt come with a kit, but if i pay for the intake my parents said they will pay for shippin and the kit to install it since they owe me money anyway.
I just pulled that right off the moparperformance.com website. It'll fit all 5.2/5.9 magnum engines from 92-03.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
BTW that part # is also listed on this website on the intake manifolds page of the parts information section (see the link at the top of the screen).

You will also need a set of intake manifold gaskets and the M1 install kit (which includes the EGR block ports you will need for EGR manifolds).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Why not Summit? The manifold is the same one that anyone one else sells and the install kit is way over rated. Besides their non EGR M1 is under $300 and the install kit is under $60.00. Summit does not charge to ship if you choose ground. Non EGR part # DCC-5007790

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
mopar rt said:
No, the EGR port can be blocked off and it will not effect your performance. Some have used this port for nitrous injection. Why would you buy the EGR model, they come at a higher cost?
The non-EGR is on a large backorder and, this goes out to everyone, DO NOT USE THE EGR PORT FOR NITROUS!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
mopar rt said:
DCC-5007790 is the M1 without the EGR, they are in stock for next day shipment. Price is $297.00.
Unless you have use for it that is not the one you want. Get the 2bbl. only version.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
mopar rt said:
This is the exact one for the Dodge throttle body set up. All that is different is the adpt. and that will not hinder the performance.
There is a difference in manifold volume between the 4bbl w/adapter and the 2bbl version. It seems unlikely that they would perform identically.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Part #p5007852 is the intake you need, Yes there on back order I just bought one went to the dealer that I know he told me there on back order didn't know when he could get one. So I call Mancini Racing website http://www.manciniracing.com/ they had It, I would call to make sure.Don't even think about buying the 2/4 bbl intake you a/c won't bolt up the 2bbl intake is direct replacment goes right in. :biggthump .I also ordered a stage 1 billet tb from Hughes also going to put the MP p5249549 cam later on maybe sooner I have a Mopar Muscle they put the cam in a stock motor and got 46hp 51 lb/ft torque over stock. so It must run on the stock pcm somebody correct me If i'm wrong.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you measure them out they are the same, the only difference would be the space that the gasket takes up on the adaptor. This intake is a direct drop in and all of the factory brackets will bolt right up.

As advertised by Summit.

These V8 single-plane MPI intake manifolds from Mopar Performance are a direct replacement for the 1992-2004 Magnum. These aluminum manifolds are stock height and allow the use of A/C and all factory accessories. They're available with or without EGR for emission control.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here's what Sam from SoCalDakota.com has to say about the one I bought from him. You be the judge as to whether he knows what he is talking about or not.

Got my old M1-4bbl w/ super duper large turtle. This is the old style m1-4bbl: if you have AC, you need to cut the ac/alt bracket on one corner, etc. If you don't have AC-- you are good to go.

$175 shipped... Took it off over a year and a half ago to give a 2bbl a try--- NA-- works better.

For those of you NA-- don't run a 4bbl!

If you spray or SC-- the 4bbl is good.

Pictured below-- it's the white one.

Can include a used TB for a special price. Fuel rails are optional, and I do have 2000+ oem injectors I could throw into the mix.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Mopar RT

If you are saying the 4 bbl is a direct replacement, that is not ture for our trucks. e-mail DurangoDudeNJ here. He is installing one and it requires a bit of modifications to install and unless you are going with a blower, it is not the best choice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.