Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at buying for this truck of mine also. Wanna stick as much mopar as I can with it. Is the cam (P5007551) worth it? Or should I look for something else. I'm gonna have to search to find this obviously since they don't make it anymore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
FWIW I had that cam paired with 1.7's on decked stock heads with a 318/nv3500 truck. Also had all other bolt ins, but the truck was a torque monster. Don't have a dyno sheet or time slip, but I feel it was a mid 13 sec. Club cab

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Looking at buying for this truck of mine also. Wanna stick as much mopar as I can with it. Is the cam (P5007551) worth it? Or should I look for something else. I'm gonna have to search to find this obviously since they don't make it anymore.
Assuming this is for your RT, it's not worth the effort.

Google Sausage Cam...And you will need to upgrade valve springs for any cam. Do you have adj rockers? If not get some, and buy better 1 piece valves.

You can't simply drop a cam in theses things without doing a lot more.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
When it was marketed, that cam plus an MP brain and a set of headers combined for about a 35 HP gain over stock, in the days that all we had was OBD I
I have heard of lotsa guys using them on 318s and being very happy with the results that is what I am doing with the one I have, just debating whether to put the stock OBD I harness on it or whether to carb it; this engine I have is a retrofit into an older 2 door Plymouth from which I pulled out a 90 or 100 HP Slant Six that actually moved that car surprisingly well with its 2.76 gears and no OD.

·
Registered
695 Posts
"210" cam is usually
Duration @ .050": 210/216

Lift: .512/.512 with 1.6 rockers also works with 1.7 rockers

Centerline: 112

The one I referenced is 208 with 523 lift but much shorter seat duration due to inverse radius design= 556 lift with 1.7 rockers

or contact Crower

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
worth it depends on what you want to do
you already have HO cams?
what are the specs?
do you plan on further gear or converter changes?
look here and compare
http://www.jonescams.com/hyd_rlr.htm
Bringing up an old thread. Truck is stock for now. But I have all the mopar goodies ready to go. (M1 intake, mopar PPH headers, 52mm Tb, Spintech xpipe exhaust, k&n intake, SCT tuner) I'm still looking for a set of R/T heads either 1.92 or 2.02 and mopar 1.6 or 1.7 RR. But that's the plan for engine mods. Primly put a 2400-2600 tq. Converter in it along with a transform shift kit. Planning on keeping the stock 3.92 in it and stock suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts