Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is a PCM right for me?

I'm on a tight budget, so the only mod on my truck is an FIPK Gen II, and in awhile new plugs, wires, and cap/rotor. And an exhaust.

Not really planning on getting a new TB, or anything like that.

With the mods I'm planning, is the PCM right for me, will like the Mopar PCm give me a lot of performance gains?

Whoopsm I meant PCM for the title (obviously)

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts
I can't speak for the GenIII trucks, but it made a hell of a difference on my 92. If I had known how good of a mod it was way back when I would have bought one long ago. There are a couple mods you can do that will tweak your performance a little bit as well. IAT relocation and TPS calibration might help. Works for some, others don't see a difference. On the TB - check car-part.com for a junkyard TB with the same throttle linkages as yours. I think they have been the same since 97 or so, but I am not positive. If you have a dremel you can mod the TB to get some increased airflow. I did mine, noticed a difference as soon as I put it on. You don't really need a 2nd TB to do the mod, but I felt it was safer that way incase I ran into problems, which I did. Stripped two screws trying to extract them from the throttle shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.