Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to find out if a 1" Block drop in the rear is sufficient to Level out my Dak??....I measured from the Top of the Rim to the bottom of each fender flare front and rear and I get 10 3/4" in front & 11 3/4" on the rears, the difference obviously being 1-inch, that is if the fender flares are same height on the Dak front to rear.....My Dak 2wd auto....stock height

Thinking of a DJM 1" Kit.....Any thoughts on this Brand, they seem a little pricier than others, but if I get what I pay for i'll take em :D

THX....RJS

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
1" is just enough.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I have heard a 2" drop in the rear levels it out? I personally dont know because I had my truck factory hieght for like 2 weeks before I started messing with the suspension.
But maybe Rebel is correct.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It really depends where the suspension stands. Since he measured it is that easy to figure out. On most it is more then an inch. I prefer a little rake myself. When I lowered mine, I kept stock rake, it was just right for me, about an inch rake.

·
Craigslue
757 Posts
I haven't lowered mine yet but when I measured mine either at the wheel well or at the bottom of the body to the ground I get approximately 1.5 inch difference.:huh:

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
That is normal.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I haven't lowered mine yet but when I measured mine either at the wheel well or at the bottom of the body to the ground I get approximately 1.5 inch difference.:huh:
That's what it is.

·
Craigslue
757 Posts
So why does it seem like all of the rear drops are either 3" or 4" and not 3.5" with the front drop being 2"? This has always confused me after measuring my truck, made me doubt my measuring skills!:forehead:

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
I used a 2" block for mine and it made it perfect. Im actually looking at getting rid of my drop blocks soon. If you dont mind waiting another month. Im waiting to get my 2-4 drop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts