Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9 4x4 K&N drop in Exhaust cut after Trany crossmember.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a local torsion let and shackle lift for a good price. He's saying it's for an 2000-2003. Is that different from the 99 I have or can I use this. I thought they were all the same...in a way...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the Torsion keys and shackles would be the same 99 - 00. I have both a 99 & 2000. Biggest difference is in 2000 they went to rack and pinion steering. Put keys & add a leaf on the 2000, now I have issues with the angle on the tie rods. Need to flip the tie rods over but can't find anyone who offers a tapered bushing to fit the dodge tie rod. I bought a brand new complete 4" suspension lift for the '99 figuring it was the better way to go but then never got around to installing it. Now 99's brake lines rotted out and it's been sitting for 6 months waiting for time to work on it. Probably just going to sell the suspension lift and maybe truck also.
A suspension lift is definitely better way to go than torsion keys & shackles. Yes it costs more and takes more to do install but end result is worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm doing a homemade 3" body lift as soon as I can find the length and type of body bolts to go buy. The other lift was just cuz it was so damn cheap...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS if u decide to sell that suspension lift PM me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts