Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I my truck is a 2005 Dakota 4.7 SLT with 285k miles. Sometimes when I start it up cold it runs perfectly. Other times I start it up and it will have a rough idle. When it has a rough idle start I’ll shut the truck off and restart and it will run fine. I currently have no codes. It will occasionally have a misfire code. It has new plugs and coils. The truck has gone through a recent top side rebuild. Head gaskets, oil pump, water pump and several other parts were replaced. Mods are minor with a K&N air filter and aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
329 Posts
As far as idle speed, my understanding is that it is dependent upon the ECT, IAT & MAP sensors which sends messages to the PCM. PCM then adjusts idle via the IAC (which is not a sensor).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I my truck is a 2005 Dakota 4.7 SLT with 285k miles. Sometimes when I start it up cold it runs perfectly. Other times I start it up and it will have a rough idle. When it has a rough idle start I’ll shut the truck off and restart and it will run fine. I currently have no codes. It will occasionally have a misfire code. It has new plugs and coils. The truck has gone through a recent top side rebuild. Head gaskets, oil pump, water pump and several other parts were replaced. Mods are minor with a K&N air filter and aftermarket exhaust.
Instead of turning it off, try giving it a little throttle. It should lean out. Sounds like it’s over loading with fuel. Have you changed the injector’s?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts