Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states, my low beams come and go. I've read that it could be the timer module, dimmer switch or multi switch. It has been cold and snowy in the North East. If it matters, I don't have power windows or locks. I searched for CTM and nothing came up, all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Hmm...I think you need to get a FSM and start following wires. I'm really not sure what the 97's have in the system.

The syptoms do sound like a bad CTM to me, but yours and mine would be very different.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
mine is the same way, except i lost low beams all together. my battery got a bad connection and they went out, havent came back since. high's are fine though. if you figure it out, post back what caused it.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Mine did that, yea its a 96, but it turned out to be the headlight switch in the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 1998 Dakota i lost low beams it ended up being the bulbs where bad! Unplug bulbs and check for power and ground.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pull apart your steering column, and look at the back of the multifunction switch.

The harness connector is blue (on my truck) and a purple/white wire that might've worked its way loose or just broke.

Solved my problems with no working low beams

1 - 8 of 8 Posts