Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Dakota with a 3.9 V-6 and it has been shutting down on the highway or at stops and wont start back up. I learned that disconnectiing the TPS and MAP sensor I can get it going again along with letting it sit for a day. I have replace the TPS, CPS, Coil, Plugs and wires, Distributor Pick Up Coil, and Fuel Pump. The only other thing I can think of it the Spark Control Module on the fire wall. Since it runs around $180.00 I thought I would see if anyone else has had a simular problem like this. Any other suggestions?

Inaddition I have no check engine light on when this happens, and any suggestion to getting better fuel economy. I average 10mpg all the time. I have a computer hooked to the diagnostice computer and it read that bank one runs rich and bank two runs lean. What can cause this and how can it be fixed without going to a dealer?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
no spark?

Just a quick suggestion.. go drive it again and see what happens when it stops... jump out and see... do you have spark? take along a can of starting fluid and if you see you have spark, give her a squirt of starting fluid and see if she roars to life. then you would know you have a fuel issue. My bet is the module ... I dont know where you live, but we have "self serve" wrecking yards (pick-n-pull) and they also have a warranty period which means if it doesnt cure the problem - you can return for credit... you might try throwing a used one on there for $10 - 20 and see if it cures your problem before buying the pricey new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts