Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Dakota with a 3.9 V-6 and it has been shutting down on the highway or at stops and wont start back up. I learned that disconnectiing the TPS and MAP sensor I can get it going again along with letting it sit for a day. I have replace the TPS, CPS, Coil, Plugs and wires, Distributor Pick Up Coil, and Fuel Pump. The only other thing I can think of it the Spark Control Module on the fire wall. Since it runs around $180.00 I thought I would see if anyone else has had a simular problem like this. Any other suggestions?

Inaddition I have no check engine light on when this happens, and any suggestion to getting better fuel economy. I average 10mpg all the time. I have a computer hooked to the diagnostice computer and it read that bank one runs rich and bank two runs lean. What can cause this and how can it be fixed without going to a dealer?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did you check the belly pan on the intake manifold? They are known to blow gaskets causing some strange problems. Also the converters could be clogged, but this should also create some over heating and loss of power.

It is odd to know that one side is lean and the other is rich and there is no code. The O2 should be picking up this condition and send a fault code. I would also start to question the PCM or the O2 sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts