Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

pretty sure I need a new intermediate steering shaft, it keeps getting hung out and almost put me into a tree the other day.

Truck: 1995 Dakota 5.2l 2wd non-tilt column.

Please let me know if you have one in good shape or know where I can find one.

Thanks,
Karl G.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,493 Posts
You probably will have to custom make one out of the parts.

Borgeson, Flaming River, and Classic Performance Parts sell the parts you need; you will have to trim the shaft you pick and fit the new U-joint(s) (and rag joint if you so pick).

Helps that the bottom is 3/4-36 spline; the top is also, if it's splined on the column.

From pages 283 to 285 on the current CPP catalog, you can find the U-joints, rag joints, DD shafts, and even a collapsible one (that will need to be trimmed both ends first!) that you can build your own intermediate shaft with.

I did a write up as I was working it out on another form - the Dodge Forum Dot Com 1st Gen subform; 1988 Intermediate Shaft - DodgeForum.com if DD.COM doesn't block it here.

RwP

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I just went thru this a couple months ago on my 96.... seems that Dodge forgot they built anything before 97..... built one with Borgenson parts. hunted Ebay once I knew what I needed, got a great deal on 2 of the 3 parts needed, the 3rd I had to pay "going price" for... all in it cost me $170.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts