Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics of some paint that i have been doing this week ..well get some pics of in truck shots soon ... let me know what everone thinks .. and what else should i paint ..don't want to go overboard if ya know what i mean

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
looks good :biggthump

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Looks good bro come paint my panels, I'll buy you lunch lol.
Did you sand it down so it's smooth? As for suggestions...paint the panels where the window and lock buttons are on the door. And also your interior door handles and the area surrounding it. Wouldnt hurt to do the overhead console as well.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah right it better be a nice steak lunch ..lol yeah I sanded it till it was smooth ..I think i might just do the area surronding the handles and not the handles but ill see how it looks and i don't have a overhead console.. :cussing: oh well next time the truck will be loaded for sure

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I'd like to talk to you about it, that can save me a hell of a lot of money because I was going to send my panels in to get it done. I don't have that kind of money but it's something that'll sit in my craw til I do it lol.
Done deal, how do you like your steak cooked? lol

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah man it wasn't to hard ..stop by sat and check it out man ..

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Think I'll do that. 8pm again? Did you put them back on your truck yet or are they still drying? Post a pic if they're installed again.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dash is in center piece will be in tomorrow and ill get some pics up tomorrow ..will be late though going to the shop with my buddy he's getting some headers installed in his 04 qc ram tomorrow..yeah should be there around 8 or so i might be there earlier though about 6ish but not for sure

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok heres a pic of the painted parts in the truck ..more to come when this rain and humity goes away

·
Texas
207 Posts
that looks really nice. By any chance do you have picks of the side of your truck. Im wanting to see what a 2"/3" drop looks like. since im thinking about doing it sometime in the future.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this would be the closest I have of a side shot..

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
You're off to a great start. Cant wait to do that to mine now.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man its not to hard either ..but i really can't say that alls i did was the sanding ..my buddy i tursted to the paint but he seems to think i could do it .. wish it wasn't raining right now otherwise we would be doing some more peices now ..oh well ill just have to wait till next week..

·
Texas
207 Posts
Why not get some tarps and make a small painting booth outside then get a mask? Or just open the garage and block most of the open space to make sure you have air flow. Just a few ideas if you really wanted to be able to paint.

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I live in a appt so no garge and guess im just to lazy ..lol plus really don't have much room out on the small patio to set up anything ..but im not goona lie im just lazy right now ..

M

·
0 Posts
It looks great!

Mike just took a piece out of the Durango to paint red...but it fish eyed on him. Tried to use that Krylon Fusion, didn't work too well. So it's off to sanding heaven for him. Can you tell me how your buddy painted yours? Any help at this point is appreciated.

Thanks!
Amy

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
looks even better installed :biggthump

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well we started out of course by sanding ...then used 3 coats of primer then 3 coats of primer sealer then used 4-5 coats of color then after the color was done let set for 1 full hour then put 3-4 coats of sealer on it ..then let dry inside over night and intsalled next day..hope this helps ya ..I will be doing some more peices this week since im going to show the truck in a car show sunday.... :mullet: :mullet:
If you have any more question feel free to pm me or just ask in this thread so everone else has an idea of how to do it ..

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rockadaous said:
looks even better installed :biggthump

thanks man i think so too...lol

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks Scott. I think Mike's going to work on it again this weekend, so we'll see how it turns out. The first time he did it, he followed the directions on the can (silly boy!)...it said you didn't need to sand it, so he just made sure he cleaned it up real good, then rubbed it down with alcohol. This time, he's going to sand it. I must say, I wasn't real sure about painting it, but after I've seen the color, it'll look sharp! Never knew so many people out there were painting some of their interior parts!

Amy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts