Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k well i've been trying to paint my interior, it came out ok but not as good as i want it. so just wanted to hear people tell me what they think i should do. either keep going with the spray cans, use my friends air compressor and paint guns or just sand it all down and take it to a paint shop to get it done professionaly. :help:

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Sand it, primer it, base coat, and then clear coat and it'll look great. Apply AT LEAST 2 coats of each. :biggthump

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i`m redoing my interior now and it matches great. "mopar agate interior spray" is what i used. matches perfectly and turned out flawless. ya can pic it up at the stealership for $10 a can. it took 3 cans for my qc. this is assuming you`re just painting all the tan interior????

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Corepred4 said:
k well i've been trying to paint my interior, it came out ok but not as good as i want it. so just wanted to hear people tell me what they think i should do. either keep going with the spray cans, use my friends air compressor and paint guns or just sand it all down and take it to a paint shop to get it done professionaly. :help:
If you're concerned about quality, send the pieces to Phoenix Imaging. They do the same sand/primer/paint/clear process you're describing, and can also add a hydro-graphics pattern such as brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, wood pattern, snakeskin, etc. if you wish. The quality is top-notch and there's also a 25% discount running right now (see the group buy forum and main page's featured product area for more info). I had some of my interior processed about a year ago and I love the stuff, it's addicting.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the stealership, i'm assuming the dealership. haha. yeah i'm painting all the grey interior. i just sanded it down, didn't primer, i know the base coat where do i get the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
clear coat can be found anywhere. round here it`s sherwin williams. they`re the only paint guys in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts