Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 6.9 6 speed
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have interior leds underneath their dash? I was thinking about getting some but dont know what make to buy. I was also looking at the Firelights that flash to music.

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
sick 660r said:
Does any body have interior leds underneath their dash? I was thinking about getting some but dont know what make to buy. I was also looking at the Firelights that flash to music.
turning the truck into a disco huh? :joke: :rofl:

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Damn, 3 posts and your giving the poor guy shit. RIGHT ON!

About interior lights. I am about to get 2 of the 8" "ultra bright" neon tubes (blue) for under each side of the dash. In my last truck I took apart one of those neon shift knobs and installed it inplace of my Dome Light (it lit up a reg cab well, but in a Ex Cab, I'm kinda scared.

I want to work some lights into the install in the Ex Cab, but I'll more than likely use LED's there, (Don't want ampl hummin from a stupid little tube) Really lookin into some sort of overhead console for the front. Theres just NO light up front, which most of the time is OK, untill you actually NEED it, then your just screwed! Es No Bueno

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
just check out Streetglow, they make pretty much anything to make anypart of ur car light up in any color u could imagine...i think. I used to be into the whole interior lighting with the florescant tubes that u can stick all around ur dash, but now i just think it looks stupid.

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Damn, 3 posts and your giving the poor guy shit. RIGHT ON!

About interior lights. I am about to get 2 of the 8" "ultra bright" neon tubes (blue) for under each side of the dash. In my last truck I took apart one of those neon shift knobs and installed it inplace of my Dome Light (it lit up a reg cab well, but in a Ex Cab, I'm kinda scared.

I want to work some lights into the install in the Ex Cab, but I'll more than likely use LED's there, (Don't want ampl hummin from a stupid little tube) Really lookin into some sort of overhead console for the front. Theres just NO light up front, which most of the time is OK, untill you actually NEED it, then your just screwed! Es No Bueno
didnt even see that the guy had 3 posts...lol funny shit though no? ,eam nothing by it man really, just pokin fun. :biggthump

· Registered
227 Posts
Please if your going to put lights in your truck, MAKE DAMN SURE you can't see the lights if your sitting in the truck from and seat, there's nothing like seeing where the lights are coming from, and from personal experience it looks alot better when the lights just stay on without pulsating.

My ex-girlfriend asked me to setup her car (2003 Toyota Corrola Type S- Black) with red ones, and I took an entire day to take the interior apart, hide all the wires, attach the bulbs, and make sure you couldn't see them from any angle, results, really neat looking effect.

just take the time to do it right, cause if you don't it's gonna come out so tacky!

· Registered
126 Posts
call me out on it if u think its stupid, But i think it would be nasty to put neons up under the rails in the bed. i have a bed cover so it would be if i was stoped at night and needed a lil light, or if im just chilling on my tail gate and what not. but tuck them up under so u couldnt see bulbs or wires, caue i think that is the dumbest thing since the creation of the hondas when u can see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.