Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided to buy new carpet since here in cali the rain was non stop and ive noticed for the 1st time i have a leak. I checked the heater box and vents, cheaked the windows and pillers. and nothing....and its only wet on the driver side.

Well im need to buy a new carpet kit since my carpet is just nasty now...i cleaned it up 3 times and water still gets it. i dried it and didnt drive in in the rain and it still got wet! so i dont know whats up...goona have to pull it out.

Wanted to ask you guys where you bought your carpet from online, i read a post on here that stock interiors.com is good but not sure about the amazon carpet kits, its 76$ and free shipping. Looking for black.

???

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
have you actually used a carpet cleaner on it? i have one of those portable carpet cleaners and it works awesome. it gets the carpet wet every time i use it and as long as you use some solution that kills any bacteria, mold, the stuff that causes the stink, it works awesome. just make sure to suck the water out as good as you can. my trucks have never had a smell from the water i use to clean it, and i use the cleaner every month. and thats on seats and everything.

·
Registered
375 Posts
check your rear window for the leak, my window was never seated properly from the factory... everytime it rained there was always a pool on the drivers side. i had to practically pull the entire interior out besides the dash and the rear seats in the club cab to find the leak.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
yea, there used to be a ordeal on here about that infamous leak that nobody could find, until someone determined it was coming from bad seals around the windows and such. also, being that its on the driver side, are you sure it isnt coolant? i know you said you checked the heater box, but it could possibly be one of the heater hoses loose at the firewall. turn the truck on and look for any dripping there...it will usually drip between the firewall and dash and end up under the carpet till it soaks it.....dont ask how i found out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
rhino line that shit!!!

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check your rear window for the leak, my window was never seated properly from the factory... everytime it rained there was always a pool on the drivers side. i had to practically pull the entire interior out besides the dash and the rear seats in the club cab to find the leak.
Did you just end up buying new weather seals? Because ive never had this problem with my truck till this year.

have you actually used a carpet cleaner on it? i have one of those portable carpet cleaners and it works awesome. it gets the carpet wet every time i use it and as long as you use some solution that kills any bacteria, mold, the stuff that causes the stink, it works awesome. just make sure to suck the water out as good as you can. my trucks have never had a smell from the water i use to clean it, and i use the cleaner every month. and thats on seats and everything.

Ive got stains from old ex gf i want out...

rhino line that shit!!!

lol right.

-------------

Ill check out JC, compare the 2.

goota buy that new carpet kit man it really is nasty in my truck right now :rant::rant:

And i havent checked the seals, ive checked my back window, and the carpet dosnt smell like anti freeze. :(

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
being that its on the driver side, are you sure it isnt coolant? i know you said you checked the heater box, but it could possibly be one of the heater hoses loose at the firewall.
isnt the heater core and hoses on the passenger side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts