Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up this intake from ebay. I saw it on a dak before and thought it looked pretty cool. My ? is, how do I mount the IAT sensor? I know I have to drill a hole for it to fit in but about how big, or is there something I can put the sensor in. Also, I put in on earlier for a little bit and it made my truck sound really weird. I know it changes the exhaust tone because more air is going in but it didnt sound right? Could it be the sensor. Should I insulate the intake somehow to keep the air temp down. I'll have my hood on soon so that should help out a little bit I hope. ANy help is greatly appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...38634QQitemZ7991549274QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
82 Posts
The picture looks like it has the hole already in it.
What kind of weird noise? is it a whistle?

I know my Old Ranger when it had a K&N Installed it'd Whistle when it got Hot under the hood.

Dual Cones over the Engine isnt the best place for them to be placed due to heat issues but there are several who are using this same setup. Not me though. I'm waiting for the K&N Kit with the Heat Box/Shield.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.