Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note I don't know much about cars, or car audio but am handy so i can usually figure things out. So for X-mas i received http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/north...audio-1/bass-packs-9/repk1120-40-product.aspx this bass package that I plan on setting in the back of my 2000 Dodge Durango. I do not plan on getting a new head unit so what i have is the factory installed unit. I also do not want to wire the amp to any car speakers, just the sub and that's it. The package came with the wiring kit needed, but I assume my factory installed head unit does not have an input for the amp to plug into. What are my options for plugging this in, and where will the start up power cord connect to?, along with the Red/White cables connecting to the amp? (I know just about nothing when it comes to head unit wiring, and parts so be specific and possibly include pictures if possible, anything will help me. So I'm basically asking if anyone can write me up a "blue print" explanation of how to go about doing this...Thank You so much for your help

·
Registered
609 Posts
For the RCA inputs you will need to get a pair of line converters.These will need to bee tied into the rear speaker wires.Then run the RCSa from there to the amp.For the remote lead.Get out a test light.Look for an ignition controled wire.Use a wire tap to hook the wire into it.The Positive lead can be hooked up in the fuse box under the hood.Wire it to the terminal the positive battery led is going to.Dont forget to install a fuse in line.Under the hood.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts